1. SirKibblers

SirKibblers Member

An Obsession with Dreams (My Obsession with Fiction)

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by SirKibblers, Mar 20, 2020.

It's been a very long while since I've posted here, and it's been a considerable amount of time since I've had a good reason to wake up every day, but this story keeps me coming.

Disregarding worldly worries, I haven't necessarily hit a wall, but I'm slowing down and getting tunnel vision with development.

I've rewritten and adjusted this draft so much in just the past hour I don't think I'll get anywhere until i hit send. I'll just leave this excerpt from an indeterminate point in the story and think about it after breakfast.

“Those who seek from their dreams a conclusion in the waking world are of the same mind as those that would trust the stars for guidance. How can something so far away know what life is like here, and were it to see—from its high chair in the cosmos—the light of the future, how fruitlessly would one chase its power in efforts to grasp that distant beacon? We are born of the earth, held by the earth, and one day, crushed by the earth. No amount of greatness or knowing can close the distance twixt the clouds.”

I didn't provide any real context yet so feel free to leave comments and questions, this is meant to be a plot discussion but at this point I just wanna talk about my work. I just need guidance.

2. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

What do you need guidance on?

3. dbesim

dbesim Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

I’m assuming it’s about the passage: