1. BEyre

BEyre New Member

Need help with Open Office Formatting

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by BEyre, Apr 10, 2011.

Open Office Writer

After the character creation and plot mapping, I started typing Chapter 1. I have 2 pages now. Almost 500 words! Wooohoo! :D

Anyways, I figured I would format the manuscript from the get-go in relation to the following on the top of each page:

Name/ Title Page # ("Page #" being right-justified)

I can setup the Header, but it doesn't fill in the page number in sequence. Every page is Page 1.

How do I get the header setup up so I don't have to worry about it?

2. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

Insert - Fields - Page Number

1 person likes this.
  3. Mr. Blue Dot

Mr. Blue Dot New Member

Hey, do you know how to make the header not appear on page one, but every page after it? I haven't figured that out yet in OO.

4. BEyre

BEyre New Member

Mr. Smiley Shark ... errrr Blue Dot,

Ya know, I have no clue! LOL I have my first page (ie, title page) in a different document.

Ok, I got the Name / Title / Page # working in the header now - thank you, Elgaisma!!!

The default spacing for the header is 0.20" (bottom margin) ... what should it be for a manuscript ... for pages of pure text (not start of chapters, etc), because right now it looks pretty squished between the "header" and the page text.

1 person likes this.