1. writerdude11

writerdude11 New Member

a question about writers market 2013

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by writerdude11, May 4, 2013.

Hey guys is The Writers Market 2013 book the best way to learn about the business side of writing or should i just go ahead and submit a piece and learn that way?. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

it's one way, but i wouldn't go so far as to say it's the 'best' one...

there are MANY threads on this site that give chapter and verse on the subject... please refer to them instead of starting yet another one, making member have to repeat themselves...

3. C.J. Hadwin

C.J. Hadwin Member

mammamaia, any chance you could link us to some, or link us to a thread with links to some? If not that's ok, I don't mind wandering through the forums, but it would be nice to have a list of links to relevant posts.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Why should she search for you? Have you tried using the site's Search features?

5. mammamaia

thanks, cog!

6. C.J. Hadwin

C.J. Hadwin Member

Not sure that would be the approach I'd take when addressing inquiring new members to the site, but for what it's worth, thank you. I in fact had not tried the search feature. I'll give it a go. I'll be sure to address all further inquiries to you, should they arise, as it appears as if that would work smashingly in familiarizing myself with the forum.

Thanks Cog!

2 people like this.
  7. DopePoet

DopePoet New Member

While the Writer's Market may have been the go-to writing industry guide, I think things have changed a lot since the internet's grown so much. I bet I'm not the only guy who hasn't even thought about "The Writer's Market" since what, 2003? I haven't check it out so I can't really say for sure, but I suspect there are better resources out there (hint: online!!). I'd even venture to say that some of their information may be outdated when it's printed - if not, surely in a year or two.

8. mammamaia

for that reason, it's best to subscribe to the online version, if you want to use it for a resource...