1. TheCorvinianGeneral

TheCorvinianGeneral New Member

How would a team of teen superheroes would form?

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by TheCorvinianGeneral, Jul 24, 2021.

I was trying to plot my story together when I came across a problem. How would some super-powered teens from different parts of the world come together? I figured I could make them slowly come together by the request of a highly affluent or rich individual or by an event that threatens the entire world, but I am opting to go for the former since it gives the characters development and a new environment they need to adjust to, rather than just forcing inexperienced teens on the open. But how would you think a group of young like-minded individuals from all over the globe would come together?

ThunderAngel and Vanna Heller like this.
  2. Joe_Hall

Joe_Hall I drink Scotch and I write things

In todays environment? Social Media or online presence. You are a writer...how did you find this forum? More than likely you were searching for people just like you and you found them. I imagine if I could light things on fire with my brain, I would google and find some forum where I could connect with people who otherwise have a similar condition.

3. Rzero

Rzero Reluctant voice of his generation Contributor

This could be a fun way to go. There's a lot of opportunity to poke a little fun at modern internet culture while conveniently bringing your characters together.

4. TheCorvinianGeneral

TheCorvinianGeneral New Member

That sounds like a hilarious idea lol, I'll keep it in mind

5. Chromewriter

Chromewriter Contributor Contributor

Tough one to answer. Obvious one is government run agency finding everyone and making a super team. Avengers is just that. X men I think is that the baldy just finds people with his own special powers and created his x men academy thingy.

But honestly I like Joe's idea best.

Steve Rivers likes this.
  6. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

People of unique abilities stand out wherever they are and to use a metaphor it's like (ok, a simile) they stand head and shoulders above the crowd and can all see each other. Like with bands. Really good guitarists, bass players drummers etc rapidly rise through the ranks of ordinary bands and come to be known as the best in their region, and then some of them will get together because they need people who can perform at their level.

That's basically the way the X Men formed in the comics. In the movies too, though their stories are truncated there for time. Each one discovered he or she was different from the normal people around them, went through a period of being a freak, maybe persecuted for it, and started using their new abilities to fight against the bad people. They make the news, learn about each other, and relocate to get together where they can all happily be freaks together. I mean, when somebody can do crazy shit like that it gets a lot of attention.

TheCorvinianGeneral likes this.
  7. Vanna Heller

Vanna Heller Banned

Maybe they had some connection with each other that they didn't realize they had until they met. For example, maybe two of them are social media friends and didn't realize who each other were until they met in person.

I don't know if you had ever seen the movie "Power Rangers" but in the movie the Rangers met from being in detention and from being at an old gold mine. The five teenagers return to the mine and discover an ancient spaceship where they meet Alpha 5 and Zordon's consciousness. The meetings though were all coincidental.

So it theory you could make it formal, or have it happen coincidentally which either way would be perfectly fine.

Steve Rivers likes this.