Tags:
  1. Eurlo

Eurlo Banned

death?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Eurlo, Jan 27, 2011.

in my book i write hes immortal and taking her soul, shes scared,wants a to reproduce with him to upbring her children my question is:

should her children follow his evil genes or her innoscent gene?:confused:

2. Islander

Islander Contributor Contributor

Maybe the gene doesn't determine if they're good or evil, and they're torn between both sides all their lives?

3. Eurlo

Eurlo Banned

maybe but im trying to get my next scene in my book set:)

or maybe they can be immortal pups and one be half evil half pure like a hybrid?:D

4. Islander

Islander Contributor Contributor

Well, it's not really a question anyone other than you, the writer, can answer. At most we can give you ideas. But that's hard to do without knowing anything about your story or characters. If you describe them, maybe someone comes up with something.

5. Eurlo

Eurlo Banned

almost like twice as powerful may most powerful wolf?:D

6. R-e-n-n-a-t

R-e-n-n-a-t New Member

Evil genes? I can't say I agree with that, but it's your story. I'm assuming this is still between the wolf characters you mentioned earlier, so... here's my idea.

Perhaps the female mates with the evil wolf, and instead of actual "evil" genes they're genes for more identifiable emotions like aggression. The pups, or some at least, could be conflicted. They wouldn't be inherently evil, but they'd be more agressive and more dominant, and they'd be conflicted between tilting towards their father's violent temperament and their mother's more loving one. Conflicted characters would make more interesting characters I think than just good or evil ones.

In fact, if you wanted you could even have the conflicted pups turn out differently and have to fight each other when they're older.

Of course, these are just a couple ideas and I don't want to force them on you. I wish you good luck in future endeavors.

7. Eurlo

Eurlo Banned

Thanks sounds great I will consider those:)

8. Pen

Pen New Member

Aggression and dominance might not be as evil as other traits in wolf society- as I mentioned, a character being self-willed and individualistic would probably be viewed as seriously flawed by wolf society. The genetic expression of this could be as simple as having a particularly unusual appearance, but you're into Mary Sue territory by a country mile there, so be careful with that. Alternatively, it could be a disposition to solitude (think like Asperger syndrome).