1. peacelover

peacelover New Member

Website Need Help Please

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by peacelover, Jun 14, 2014.

hello ,
    Iam a graduate student of English Studies , i have the dream to create an online magazine , but i do not know how ?? and what are the conditions that i must have to make my dream come true ?? and do i need money to make my dream come true ?? and how to create a good online magazine ??

the last question is : can someone make profite from creating an online magazine or it should be a papaer magazine to be sold ??

i must say that iam not a native english man and i live in an arabian country , this is way i would like to create an oline magazine which covers all aspect of life .
    thanks

2. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

As the creator of the online magazine, I assume that you would be the editor, which is why if you decide to make this an English-language magazine, the first thing you would need to do is improve your English. If this magazine is going to be written in your native language, then that doesn't apply.

Starting a magazine is hard work and takes a bit of luck. People out there need to know that your magazine exists, which means you have to do some marketing. You have to get your name and the magazine's name out there. You also need to create and maintain a professional looking website. This will cost money.

You can make a profit from an online magazine, but it's very hard. Most of your revenue would come from advertisements. You also need to consider payment. Will you be paying the writers you publish? Not paying writers is OK, but consider how that will impact the number and quality of submissions.

Those are the biggest issues that come to mind.

3. peacelover

peacelover New Member

Tkanks a lot MR Thirdwind

I really appreciate your helpful answer , and concerning my poor english , this is because i wrote english occasionnaly not daily , but i understand well the grammar .

please can you explain more how can i make profit from an online magazine ( i mean that people will enter and see the writer's textes and after ???

I live in Morocco exactely , and here english language become more and more importante , and there is a lot of interest to this lovely language , also morocco become the first and well known touristic country , so iam thinking of creating an online english magazine that takes all moroccan aspects of life and also it is like an outdoor of the world .
    But i will give the opportunity to the touristique and business side of morocco because there are a lot of people that do not know more what morocco offers , also this magazine will be as a small guide to discover the North African Culture .

Please MR Thirdwild , iam waiting for your help and Member's help too

Please accept my friendship you and all members .

4. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

You can make a profit by selling advertisement space on your website. You may have noticed the advertisement banners on here; the site owner makes money from that. Other than that, you would have to receive outside funding (i.e., sponsorships).

I also highly recommend reviewing English grammar rules.

5. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

Unfortunately, only a tiny percentage of the people who hope to make money with a website--magazine, blog, whatever--do so. I would suggest that you consider whether you would do this even if you knew that you would never make a penny of profit on it, and only do it if the answer is yes.

6. graphicsmyway

graphicsmyway Banned

It is a nice idea,i suggest you should go on with your plan if you can design a website very well. Just get the requirement for the startup but never you put your mind on making a dime from the website yet because that might make you quit on time. Just focus on building an online magazine that stands out in your country,perfectly a business first.

So just plan to take actions.Success.