1. ChroniclesOfGrim

ChroniclesOfGrim New Member

Hows it going folks?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChroniclesOfGrim, Jan 18, 2018.

Hi there.

My name is Bill, and it's nice to meet ya all.

I found this site by looking over some writing forums.

I like the content, and the features this one has to offer. That and your site supports amazon's publishing. Which is what I plan on going through when I self-publish my first book.

Currently in the process of working on the first rough manuscript.

Since I could remember I have been a very avid reader, and had a very let's say "interesting" dreamer of worlds. As my username insinuates I have a taste for more darker fiction, but I do enjoy a wide range of fiction.

Fantasy, Science Fiction, Military, Horror, Supernatural, Historic, and anything that allows my mind to wonder.

I am very active role player. I am currently working on the world building, and mythos of this alternate version of life. That I am building in my series through said role play. I am not sure how active I will be on this site, but I do look foreword to meeting the folks on here, and experiencing what looks to be a solid community.

I saw you do have a role play forum on here. So I may jump into that and see what trouble I get myself into. I promise I will a heed by the rules and meet the requirements before posting anything about my book or such.

My only question is for the rp community on here, do you need to meet the same requirements needed for writing to post for rp stories?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  2. Vince Higgins

Vince Higgins Curmudgeon. Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Caltrans-Detention Basins Design Guide
    Welcome. I am not a big sf or fantasy fan, though was big into SF prior to 1980-ish when fantasy started beoming a bigger part.

My advice is to become more widely read. One of my earlier influences was R.A. Heinlein, one of the masters of the Golden Age of science fiction. I was introduced to him at the age of seventeen, in 1972 when I read Stranger in a Strange Land. In it, and other works, he made several references to literary classics. I think it was his way of saying 'what are you doing having your nose buried in just this crap? Go out and read some Mark Twain. Jack London, Charles Dickens!'

I try to read at least on classic a year. Most recently The Trial by Franz Kafka. Write about what you know. Write about a friend, change the name and make them perfect. Write about someone who hurt you, but turn them into someone who would scare Darth Vader.

Have fun.

A man called Valance likes this.