Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pharthan

Pharthan Active Member

Looking for Sci-fi Authors

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Pharthan, Oct 7, 2017.

I was considering posting this in the Collaboration Forum, but I was worried it might seem too "advertisement" like, even if my group isn't offering paid services.

I'm a part of a Community Worldbuild called the Chronicles of Man, meant to allow authors, artists, roleplayers and anyone who wants to get involved to have a universe already built for them to work in - or assist in building. Anyone who wants to can go as far as building an entire starnation for the universe, or as little as just watching everyone else and enjoying, or making works in other people's starnation.

We've run into the issue that only a few people really want to write. I've been looking for people to brainstorm and workship with, but no one is really as committed to writing and reading each other's works or delving into them, so now I'm trying to find other authors who maybe have plots they want to work out, but need a group to workshop and brainstorm with.

Anything you produce on the website is automatically protected under a Creative Commons.

2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    What are your parameters in general (what are your limitations)?

3. Pharthan

Pharthan Active Member

That's a pretty broad question.

The technology is rather clear cut, though we are working on making it more interesting; if anyone has an idea on tech, it can be brought up and added in if it is liked. We aren't hard sci-fi. Some things have very precise definitions. Others just work because we want them to work a certain way.
    All characters must be human or android/AI. No furries (or at least no furry-races - genetic modification to become a furry is a thing people could do, but also results in genetic sterility). Aliens aren't really a thing - there are alien species that have been found but none are sentient.
    While your stories can influence starnations, if they influence other people's starnations that has to be discussed and allowed (part of the Creative Commons bit about using other people's work). Your stories can't alter the overall main story-arc we have planned, though we'd love to have more authors to help flush it all out and tell it. Influencing it is allowed so long as it doesn't detract from the ultimate goal we are heading for.

While the year is set in 3417, you can write as far back (and some ways forward in time) as you'd like; one short story I'm working on is set in ~2200 to help set up history.

As far as story length, whatever you want. I'm working on a novel and a few shorts. Others are working on short stories and novellas, though few have even hit double-digit page count.
    General target audience is... really whatever you want.
    Theme? A lot center around "what is humanity?" but, again, whatever you want.

Does that answer your question or are you looking for more?

For those who do decide to join in, we do have a Discord group for easy Q&A.

4. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Ok. While I was waiting for your reply I joined your website to check it out, and
    I haven't received a email for activating my account there.

Thanks for the info. :)

5. Pharthan

Pharthan Active Member

You're approved. We had to start requiring admin activation after a long series of Aunts being stranded in Turkey asking for a few thousand dollars and some kind people offering male-enhancement pills.

Cave Troll likes this.
  6. Radrook

Radrook Banned Contributor

Sounds fascinating. Will check it out.

7. Artifacs

Artifacs Senior Member

Can't find the site :( Is it over?

8. Bobby Burrows

Bobby Burrows Banned Contributor

Sounds fun.

9. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Yeah, I tried to link too, but it looks like the link is :dead:

Oh well. This really shouldn't have gotten past the filters regardless. We don't allow for the promo of off-site projects.

Запрещено!

:closed:

Some Guy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.