I am a forum junkie.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wreybies, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I think this is the same for me as well. My people are a loud people, they like to attract attention to themselves in all ways possible (although strangely, being told that you like to draw attention to yourself is fighting words amongst my people) and everything is super dramatic like on Spanish soap operas. No like. Although I am rather boisterous and silly and over the top online, I am rather quiet in real life.

Dichotomy, thy name is Wrey.

2. bluebell80

bluebell80 New Member

I totally agree with you Speedy. Give me a mosh pit any day over going to the mall.

(hed) pe and Mushroomhead are playing up here on the 21st. I can't wait. Haven't been to a concert in about four years. One of the best ones had to have been the locobazooka down in MA. 20,000 people moving to the music. In the middle of the crowd and everyone is totally cool. There are almost always people who will get your back. I've had guys I didn't know start protecting me from crazy other guys who were punching like tools and acting all stupid. Been helped off the ground, and put up on strangers shoulders to get out of the madness. It's great.

Nothing better than a metal concert.

3. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

My name is Mallory, and I am also an forum junkie.

Right now, this is probably the site I spend the most time on.

There's another chat forum that I've belonged to since I was sixteen. It's pretty bizarre. They closed down registration in 2005, so it's been the same people posting for the past four years. We all know each other's business (like, on a nearly grotesque level. I could probably tell you the birth control methods and bathroom habits of most of the members). Everyone has met everyone else. There are three couples who have met on there and gotten married. We've all basically grown up together. I have a feeling that, no matter where I go in life, I'll stay in contact with most of these people.

How messed up is that?

4. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

Maybe it's because I'm a progressive music fan first, but when I go to a show it's to hear the band- the jumping and moshing thing isn't really my style, but I do like to shout and sing along.
    I'll have to check ATB out then. I felt old when I checked C&C's forums- the community seems nice and interesting, but most of the music they discuss I haven't even heard of :eek:.

5. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

I'll be eighteen within the month! (And you'll be nineteen, wtf.)

But it doesnt matter. At eighteen, I will still live under my parents' roof, and so I will still have to follow their rules, for the most part. It's for good measure though. I go to the local concerts frequently, but I still always bring at least one of my footballer friends, because I'm a little scared of even those venues. The people there, if you are on your own, are not very nice.

6. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with thta my friend. Everyone to their own.

Maybe when your older.

Metal gigs age range between 12 - 60 lol so you know!

7. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Is this the forum where you play secret Santa with the members?

8. Speedy

When your older, your going to be a massive concert junkie i think. Or i hope (best expierence ever concerts) :) Only if they are good worthy bands, no super mainstream crap, got that!

9. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

Ah, yes it is. Great fun, that.

10. Speedy

In real life, im the complete opposite. Somewhat like you have mentioned. In real life i believe silence is holden (Not like what parents say to children, but the true meaning behind it).

11. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

I'm a forum junkie myself but I could quit anytime I want... I just don't want to. :p I'm pretty active on four forums and have just joined a fifth. Oh there is another forum (a writing one) that I haven't been active on for a long time, so I should reintroduce myself on there and get back active.

12. Mercurial

I hope that I will be able to stay in contact with a lot of the people here, maybe. :) We are a pretty small community, too, and I like that. Between all the forums I belong to, I probably have more online friends than real life friends. (I have yet to decide if this is a good or bad thing.) People arent so judgemental online, especially on this web site, and a lot nicer than they are face to face.

As for the C&C forum, Agreen, if you register, let me know of your username, haha! I'll probably sign up in a few days, as I'm really trying to get a handle on the story, which I have never been able to do, and they have a lot of 'theory' threads, which I really like. I doubt you're the oldest. Arent you in your mid-twenties? That's young.

13. Speedy

If i could have one wish Blue, it would be to go back to Auguest of 1991, in gthe old USSR. When they have Monsters of Rock - Metallica, Pentara, AC/DC and The Black Crows

Now the bands are good, but if you look on youtube "Monster of Rock Moscow) and see the Crowd, it cream your pants stuff.

Up to 1.6million people for one concert!

TRhats my wish, to be their, to experience the same feeling one million people felt as one. It blows my mind.

14. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Oh and I'm similar to Speedy and Wrey in the fact that I'm far more extroverted online than I tend to be in person. In real life, I'm pretty much a shut in.

15. Mercurial

I hope so. :)

I dont see much wrong with mainstream.. but the not so mainstream concerts are much more fun, or so I've heard.

16. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

If I do, my username will probably be Agreen unless someone has taken it already. And that's true. I think it just felt odd seeing a forum for a band with progressive elements where the fans were discussing something other than Opeth/Dreamtheater/Symphony X etc. I actually think it's really cool- I've avoided posting on music sites because on most it seems only one style of music is open for discussion and even if it is my favourite it feels limiting.

17. Speedy

You just mentioned three awesome bands Agreen, you rule, keep going lol.

18. bluebell80

bluebell80 New Member

Speedy, I've only seen part of a Metalica concert. It was years ago down in Boston, Mudvayne opened (I think it was during the LD 50 cd tour--before they sold out) and now I can't remember who else was on the ticket. My friend got hurt in the mosh pit so we had to leave half way through Metalicas set.

Wanted to try go to Ozzfest this year, but it was canceled. Maybe next year. Irritated that I missed Slipknot's concert up in Montreal back in Feb. Now there's a mosh pit I won't venture into. My hubby went to one down in Boston and was actually scared, and he's never scared of mosh pits.

19. Speedy

Blue youtube the following to witness something none of us will ever see again (crowd
    wise)

Metallica - Enter Sandman Livei nMoscow 91

For an overhead view ( the helicoper couldn't fit the ground crowd in frame, not even close.

Monsters of Rock Moscow 91 - oentara - Cowboys from Hello (has a show early on)

You know, cant saw im a fan of Slipknot, they have created a different breed of metal fan (Been to 5 concerts where they have played. Three of which were not great crowd wise. Im not talking about scene kids and that lot, but aggressive behaviour, not metal spirit. Maybe its just me (I do like ther music to a degree, its not them i dislike). For years i said id never see them again ( i saw someine kick someone in the face - that one small individual who gives things a bad name).

20. bluebell80

bluebell80 New Member

Oh man, gotta love men in stretchy pants! lol. Yet another reason I am an internet junkie.

21. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

*looks around nervously*

Uhh...hi. My name is Heather, and I've never been here before but...I'm a forum junkie.

Aside from family members, I honestly don't think there is a single person that I hang out with in real life more frequently than once every month or two. So I definitely have more friends on WF than I do in real life. I'd say that qualifies me as a forum junkie, if not worse.:redface:

22. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

Hello my name is Unit7 and I am not a forum junkie and I can quit anytime!! I just choose not to.

Ok I am a forum junkie.

I have 3 main forums I visit. I will sometimes sit in front of my screen just going over the same topics, reading the same posts over and over. I will refresh the same page hoping for something new to read. I have spent many a friday nights doing just this.

:(

23. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I am a forum junkie on this forum only. I can't stay away from here for very long. :D

24. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM! I CAN STOP ANYTIME I WANT TO. ANY TIME. :mad:

25. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

My addiction isn't horrible. I could tear myself away from here for a year if need be.

Okay, maybe not a year, but a few months. :D