1. RZ_Cipher

RZ_Cipher New Member

Hey, everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RZ_Cipher, Aug 25, 2013.

Hey, everyone, 'newbie here.

I've always loved to create ideas, settings, and such, but I've never actually tried to write anything out of it, and I generally let the ideas die off after a few years, then resurrect them and 'perfect' them (as-in, generally, completely rethink it), so... I want to try to actually get something going, so I feel discussing its development and such may help in that department, I hope. x_x

My main fiction in-development is a sci-fi mecha novel [series], and the main thing I've worked on for the good while is the setting and history related to it, and I find character development hard to do for some reason...

At any rate, I'll happily take any advice from those from this forum, and hope to help others with their projects, too if I am able, and meet some great people while-doing so! =D

I love anime, too, which has been a strong influence on my perspective on the characters and such...

2. EllBeEss

EllBeEss Senior Member

Welcome :) I'm new too. I totally get what you mean about having to perfect ideas before getting going, I do it all the time. I find that talking about it really does help. :)

3. word whisperer

word whisperer Member

Hey, RZ. I used to have problems getting into character development until I picked up a great book called "Plot vs. Character." I'll find the author's name for you. Anyway, the book helped me a lot. I'm more a plot person.
    My other advice is don't tinker with a story too much before you actually sit down to write it. You might lose interest if you work at the pre-write for too long. I'm usually so eager to get started with the story that I only write down what I need to know beforehand. The most important thing to do is get the first draft down on paper (or in your computer). You can work on the details later. :)

4. paulthompson

paulthompson New Member

Welcome! Look forward to seeing some of your work :D