Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meditations

Meditations Banned

I am not new, my name is...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Meditations, Nov 16, 2019.

I’ve been here before. Although it’s been some time now and well, I wanted to create a new account. I’m not trying to hide who I posted under before and if asked I will gladly fess up but for other, personal reasons, I decided I wanted to start fresh and clean. My old me… he did not do the me now any favors. What a bum that guy was…

But enough of the past, I will save much of those dramas for writing fodder and not as a guide to who I wish to become - A full time writer.

I am returning here to the writing forum’s because honestly this site is the only writing group/message boards that I like. This place feels more like a writing family as opposed to other sites where I feel like just another user.

A bit about myself…

I am a husband, a father and a son. I live in Fargo, North Dakota. And until a recent knee injury, I enjoyed running and body weight workouts. And since I can not run now (perhaps in six moths I can re-start?) I decided to return to my other passion - writing.

My favorite writes include: Stephen King, Ray Bradbury, Neil Gaiman, Seth Godin ect… the list goes on and on.
    I love to write the short bits. (stories and blog posts) I have no particulate aversion to writing novels (I have at least a few of them in me) but that’s not where my passion lives. I am a short story writer, that’s what I do.

I am a vegan and a Gemini and provider to a new long haired black cat with small white splotches of fur on her paws who, in perfect kitten fashion, regularly patrols the house at mach one speeds.

And well- that’s me.

I wrote the following this morning. It is a sort of self declaration/ notes to myself kinda thing. I did not indent to make this public but why not, right?

A sort of self deceleration
    or
    talking to myself

I am cleaning out my mind. Far to many unwanted things have been caught in the cobwebs formed by ignoring to parts of my brain that should be active with bells and whistles and original words and ideas and thoughts. But instead has become cluttered with mind numbing content such as - who can eat the hottest pepper, the thousand of political meme’s or the endless complaining of…whatever. It’s all junk and dead bugs that needs to be sucked of my mind so I can think and write clearly once again.

I decided the first step in the process was to burn the bridges that allowed this content to infest my mind in the first place. I purged my social media accounts, almost all of them (keeping FB for family) the rest were not so lucky. Instagram, Twitter and the like - all gone - digital vampires meeting the sun and proofing into digital dust taking my past content with them. It’s time for a clean slate. I am allowing myself a writers group as long as I do not use it as a means not to write.

I Adhere to Neil Gaiman’s rule of “I can either write or I can do nothing.” With the exception of reading included. Starting now and lasting at least into the new year and even then, if I choose to return to one of these social sites it will be of a limited nature. The goal here is to create a large and diverse backlog of Ideas, stories, observations and thoughts. Some of these writing, if not most, will never see the light of day and that is OK, that’s not the point. The point is for me to retrain my mind to create and to think independently again. I almost forgot what that’s like…

Have a good day all, until next post

~Meditations~

EFMingo likes this.
  2. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

It's great that you're on the path to change. However, if your previous account was banned....

Anyway, welcome back. Good luck on the path. May you never stop writing!

3. Meditations

Meditations Banned

My previous account was not banned, I merely stopped being... well there is no need to get into that now. I am more interest in the future and not my past. :)

4. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

I wish you well, but I suspect the mods will have something to say about having more than one account - the rules are quite explicit about it.

It's admirable that you are on the path to change and recognised the need.

5. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Sorry - we don't allow name changes once you are no longer a new member- you are expected to own your behaviour,
    nor do we allow members to have more than one account

in general we ban both accounts when a duplicate is detected but since there was no ill intent here your original account remains unbanned if you wish to use it

(ETA we've also banned the second duplicate account you started in february of this year - please don't start any more)

:closed:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    jannert likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.