1. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

I am totally ridiculous

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by chicagoliz, Dec 29, 2013.

So, I'm looking at this book I want to read, called How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia. I really like the cover on it, but was waiting for it to come out in paperback. I see that the paperback version is going to be released in March. But you know what they did? They changed the cover!!!!!! Oh the Agony! Because I don't like the cover of the paperback. Why oh why, could they not just keep the same one????

Now I want to buy it in hardback. I hope I can get it cheap, maybe after the paperback is released. Because now Amazon wants like $19 for it, which is too much.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Obsession ain't cheap! :D

3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

$13 including shipping on EBay if that's the book you are looking for.

4. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

All this over a cover :p

I only ever worry about hard or soft if I have a series that I'd like to remain uniform with.

5. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

It is. But I want it for less than $13, too.

Oh, I have that issue, too. I know it's silly. But I really like the hardback cover, and I wish they kept it for the paperback. Because I really don't like the paperback cover.

I'm not really *upset.* I know I have things far more important to worry about. But still... Covers can be a big thing. I wouldn't refuse to read it or anything with the paperback. Since I've decided I'm going to read it, I'll read whatever version I can get for the best price. What I really want is a paperback version with that hardback cover.

6. lex

lex Member

I think you're very much less ridiculous than you do, apparently: covers are a big thing, for me. (I'd also like to read that).