Tags:
  1. oureihon

oureihon New Member

i don't know how to proceed ?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by oureihon, Feb 7, 2018.

Hello ! i kind of have a problem with my story ,
    the hero of the story was a student (18 years) when he got in jail cause he killed a man ( someone from the mafia) who tried to rape/hurt his young sister ,
    well he spent 7 years in jail , the said mafia took her revenge by setting the hero's orphanage on fire and killing all of his siblings exept his young sis who lost all her memories
    now i want him to take his revenge and also meet his sister but i dont know how?
    should he become a member of that mafia? how can i proceed ? please help me.

2. Lemie

Lemie Contributor Contributor

If he made enemies with the maffia, won't they recognize him even after seven years? I mean, he might've changed a lot, and they probably have plenty of enemies to recognize, but I still don't think he would be able to waltz in and join them.

He's been in prison for seven years and lost all his family, except for the sister, so he'll probably go after her as soon as he can. That could be really simple or really hard depending on if she moved, changed names, other things that makes people hard to find. How they meet depends on what's happened to her since he got into prison.

Do you have any ideas how you want your story to proceed? Yes, there will be revenge, but is it the kind where he murders everyone, get the cops involved, other way to seek revenge on the mob?

Is your protagonist violent, mild mannered or just desperate? Did prison change him? Will he run into things head first, or actually plan things through?

Just some things to think through while you move forward.

3. oureihon

oureihon New Member

Thank you so much for your help .
    Well , you are right about the mafia remembering him , but let's say he made a name for himself in the past seven years and that the said mafia would like to recruit someone like him . also the MC thinks his whole family got killed in that fire so he actually believe he got nobody left . it doesnt help that his sister can't remember anything .
    i don't want him to have a bad end , he just want to avenge his family,s death .
    (before he got arrested he dreamed of becoming a police officer).

4. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

My first thought was that he changes identities, becomes a police officer, and gets his revenge through legal channels. (That is, he's illegal, with the false identity, but otherwise legal.)

5. oureihon

oureihon New Member

that's would be hard for him , he murdered someone . he can't become a police officer , also he doesnt have the resources to actually change his identity , all he has is strong fists to fight .

6. ChickenFreak

The murder would be the reason that he needs the identity change.

And as the author you can give him the resources--you own the reality. Maybe he met someone in prison and now that he's out he has the opportunity to engage in one quite profitable criminal act, one that will give him the funds to pay for a new identity.

I'm not saying you need to do this thing; I'm mostly saying that almost any solution is likely to involve tweaking the reality so far.

7. oureihon

oureihon New Member

!
    so with a new identity he can become a part of that mafia ? but what will he have to pay for such a thing ? i believe someone as infamous as him won't get a new identity for free?

8. ChickenFreak

What? I'm saying a new identity to become a police officer, not a member of the mafia. And it's your choice for him to be infamous; he doesn't have to be.

My point is, again, that almost any solution is going to require some tweaking of the plot so far.

9. soupcannon

soupcannon Active Member

If the idea of the protagonist becoming police doesn't sit right, there is another obvious route:

When he was in prison, perhaps members of a rival mafia family, or another criminal organization approached him to offer membership in their group. Once he gets out, they may have needs or demands of him, but he can now use them as a resource to enact his revenge against the killers of his family.

10. oureihon

oureihon New Member

brilliant ! thank you so much ! so let's say that he infiltrated the mafia ,got close to the leader without exposing himself , and let's say that he had a rival from his high school days (both of them wanted to become cops and they were'nt on good terms) , and that rival has indeed become a cop ,
    and let's also say that the rival's family got murdered by the same mafia , what would their relationship be? (i kind of want them to destroy that mafia together )

11. soupcannon

soupcannon Active Member

I'm not sure that you and I are on the same page. Are you saying that the protagonist infiltrates the mafia family that killed his family? That feels like a a bit of a stretch. It would make more sense that another group approached him in prison. Let's say... I dunno, a Russian crime syndicate, Hell's Angels, or something altogether different. That group likes his style and offers to let him join. That group then helps keep him safe in prison from the mafia, who would likely try to have him killed in prison. Eventually, the protagonist is released, the new group takes him in, and he is basically either a criminal, or someone who is using that criminal organization to fund him and aid him in his revenge schemes against the mafia.

Introducing a police officer who is known to the protagonist is no problem. Likely they're still in the same city where they lived when younger, so that works. How that cop would respond to the protagonist is entirely up to you, though. They share the same trauma of losing family members to the mafia, but does the cop feel the protagonist is somehow responsible or complicit? What was their relationship before? You said they were rivals; did they hate each other? Were they feuding over the same love interest? Just track and field rivals, or what? it's vague and you'll need to know who this cop is as a person to gauge how he or she will respond to the protagonist who is now fully immersed in a criminal lifestyle.