I Hate Introductions, But Here Goes...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lolly Inkstain, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Rancid_Old_Git

Rancid_Old_Git New Member

Hi folks,
    I've been loitering around these forums on-and-off for a couple of years, 'thought it was about time to sign up and stop stalking.
    I write general fiction and sci fi, I have a couple of books 'out there' but sadly I'm not getting rich from them just yet.
    Right now I'm writing this because 1. I'm 'taking five' to consider what my MC is going to do now she's found her new best friend can't read. or 2. I'm procrastinating.

That chamelion is much cuter than the kitten, I'd have one tomorrow if I was sure it wouldn't grow into a hideous monster intent on eating all my Pringles.
    Nice to be here!

2. Lolly Inkstain

Lolly Inkstain Member

What does it feel like, having a/some book(s) out there?

3. Maverick_nc

Maverick_nc Contributor Contributor

Welcome @Rancid_Old_Git!
    Love to hear more about your published work, I’m sure you have some interesting information to share.

Lolly Inkstain likes this.
  4. Rancid_Old_Git

Rancid_Old_Git New Member

It was a massive relief initially. Having worked at it for a long time, it felt like getting over a massive hurdle just proving it could be done! (or that I could do it.)
    Then came the business of promoting and selling the damn things. I'd far rather be writing than doing that, any day.
    I think the biggest thing is that everything I've done since has become easier, less stress perhaps, certainly more experience, I think I write better as well. Of course, I don't know how much of any of that is directly attributable, but I reckon some of it is.

Lolly Inkstain likes this.
  5. Lolly Inkstain

Lolly Inkstain Member

@Rancid_Old_Git I long for the feeling I imagine I'll have, if I put a book out.