1. youngwriter_32123

youngwriter_32123 New Member

I have the Plot but no beginning

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by youngwriter_32123, Dec 28, 2007.

I am writing a book about a girl who is cursed and everyone that she loves dies so she makes it wear she can't love but something happens and she falls in lve with a guy and she has to either sacrifice him or her but the problem is I have NO BEGINNING!!!! Can anyone help the story is called THE WAITING ROOM!! Can anyone help?

2. kmlovering

kmlovering New Member

If everyone she loves dies, why don't you start there? Maybe the first time she realized she was cursed.

3. Kid At <3

Kid At <3 New Member

Yeah, to grab the reader in, you could start with: "From that moment on, I knew I was cursed."

I hope I helped!

4. youngwriter_11311311

youngwriter_11311311 New Member

Somewhere where only us who are cursed know of
    Yeah sis. I mean I'm sorry that I couldn't help you start. Your story is really good but I didn't write it and whenever I thought of a beginning either it didn't fit or you didn't like it. I hope this will help but I would say like she was sitting in the waiting room and she looks over everything that happens throughout her life and come to the realization. If people back it up it might be an idea you would want to think about.

5. ANT (Bar YOSEF)

ANT (Bar YOSEF) New Member

If it makes you feel better the same happens to me

6. youngwriter_11311311

Sis. Just sleep on it for a little bit try to come through like me. Play your book out like a movie in your mind and switch beginnings till you can find one that fits

7. Sir Ender

Sir Ender New Member

What I often do is start the story elsewhere, like, later on, a chapter or two further and write a bit there, then a beginning will come to mind that seems to fit perfectly.

8. niraj_me

niraj_me New Member

The Beginning

Hi,

Your plot seems very interesting. I can give you an idea for the beginning.

You can begin with the girl browsing through an album.On each page there is a photo and the date they met and the date he died. Tears are rolling down her face. And she turns the page to a blank page and picks up the glue and begins pasting a new pic. Its raining outside and she is wearing a black dress. Then an old lady comes in the room and says 'Honey lets go..they are waiting for us'. They walk up the casket and you can hear ppl hushing and wisphering. The guys mother slaps her as soon as she comes near the casket and calls her a witch. Accuses her of killing her son and killing all the other guys.

Hope this sounds interesting to you..

Niraj

9. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

I think you should write the rest of your novel. By the time to finish, I'm willing to bet you'll have figured out a way to start it that will tie in well enough to the rest of your plot.

10. Lengo

Lengo New Member

Start with the scene where the witch chants the evil spell. Don't say what the spell does. Let people die as the story progesses. People like to read about death, especially horribly painful ones.

"Darling," she wispered, "I think I love you! It's not just the way you look. Its...."

"Then shut up and let me eat!" said Sam-Sam, the french fry man. "I don't give a... " then conk! He fell over, face first, right into his super whopper basket of fries.

Little did Sally know that this was only the beginning.

11. youngwriter_11311311

No help is needed for my sister is dead and she wrote the beginning the day she died.
    Thanks for all your help. She would of gladly appreaciated it. For the few days she was on here she did find closeness she didn't find in the rest of the world. Something called peace and happiness well besides when we would hang out. But thats behind us and it's time for everyone to move on.