1. SHYDROP

SHYDROP New Member

I humbly present

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SHYDROP, Jan 4, 2017.

Greetings users of Writing Forums I signed here yesterday, and after reading a bit about the forum I feel like I'm ready to become an active member. Like most persons of the site, I'm here to talk about writing, as well as talking about each other's works. I'm eager to read the amazing creations this community has to offer.

As for me, I'll define myself as a "fantasy enthusiast", while my writing experience is relatively short (More or less 2 years ago as of now) I've always "written" my stories in my head, initially in my youth for merely passing the time between the days, I decided to sit down and write what I have in my mind.

Quoting Toni Morrison.
    "If there is a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, you must be the one to write it."

I love all things fantasy, but especially fictional/mythological races/species, speculative dystopias, magic, and fictional realism. My goal as a writer is to self-publish my novels.

Without further ado, thanks for your attention!

A man called Valance likes this.
  2. X. Sheonn

X. Sheonn Member

Hello there, and welcome! Can't wait until you get to submit something, I'd love to read it. I'm new here myself. See you around!

A man called Valance likes this.
  3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to WF! :)

I love that Toni Morrison quote. It gave me a decisive nudge to start writing again, actually. So you're working on a fantasy novel now? :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. See you around!

-Kat

4. Rosacrvx

Rosacrvx Contributor Contributor

That very idea is the reason why I started to write in the first place. At the time, I didn't know someone had actually said it.

And here's another concept I'd never heard about before. That's what I do in my work, I think.

Welcome, Shydrop!