1. SapereAude

SapereAude Contributor Contributor

I just awoke ...

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by SapereAude, Oct 14, 2021.

... to the realization that Amazon KDP recently (like in August or September of 2021) started offering the option of publishing in hardcover in addition to paperback and digital (e-book) formats.

Previously, I've had to use Barnes & Noble Press to get hardcover.

2. marshipan

marshipan Contributor Contributor

Previous to that it was a beta testing thing starting around the beginning of the year I think. I was part of the beta, which was a bit annoying since they didn't have it all figured out yet. Hoping they've got it all squared away. At least I realized I can order author copies now, instead of paying full price, that was killer.

Anyway, I've only used the hardback option on one book and it was when it was still in testing stage. The printing was good, in my opinion, is the same as their paperbacks. It's inspired me to learn to format books with word so that I can get more creative. Seems like everyone in my genre is doing full bleed chapter start images and double full bleed title pages so I'm going to get on that at least for the hardback option since I have to charge more because of printing costs.