1. Kata_Misashi

Kata_Misashi Active Member

Prison(-like) procedures?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Kata_Misashi, Jan 27, 2016.

Working on a my fantasy novel and not to give too much away but long story short; bad guy attempts a city raid and is sent to 'basically' Alcatraz.

I know the regular strip search, IDing, uniform is common knowledge but before I continue forth; exactly what else should I add?

(Keynote: 'Magic' in my story works off of the premises of crystals. Have a crystal, you have magic. However, key bad guy is an exception, although it is obvious that he has magic abilities.)

2. MichaelP

MichaelP Banned

yDoes it take place in our world or an alternate world? If it's an alternate world, then I would assume accuracy really doesn't matter for such things.

However, I did a google search and found these steps if you're interested:

1. You arrive at the facility and are instructed to line up. Once your name is called, they send you inside and perform a strip search (in front of everyone because privacy is nonexistent in prison).

2. You're issued a jumpsuit and shoes, then placed in a holding area with a bunch of other prisoners, where you wait for lunch or whatever.

3. After several hours, they call your name again. You get photographed for your prison ID, then returned back to the holding area.

4. You're called again for a brief interview to determine if you have special needs, gang affiliations, known enemies, and any medical conditions.

5. You're taken to a processing area where you'll receive the property you brought from the country jail. It will be inspected. Anything deemed excessive or contraband will be held.

5. You'll be taken to the "bullpen," a fenced area outside where you'll be made to wait a couple of hours. Once your name is called, you'll receive bed sheets, clothing, toiletries, and your housing assignment.

Kata_Misashi and GingerCoffee like this.
  3. Kata_Misashi

Kata_Misashi Active Member

Accuracy really doesn't matter. Its fantasy fiction however a reference is always good.
    Such as this! Thank you so much for your help. ^w^