1. thabear637

thabear637 New Member

I just wanted to say thanks

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by thabear637, Jul 13, 2009.

(this is probably not in the right section, so for that I apologize, just didn't know where to put it)

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the suggestions and thoughts they freely give to everyone. I haven't written many posts, but I sure read a lot of them. Everytime I am feeling down on writing, it is very hard for me to pick up where I left off. I will go time off from writing and it then becomes that much harder to get back into it.

This is partly caused because I am still a new writer..all through high school/college I never saw any fun in it..only diligent work that had to be done. It wasn't until recently when I saw the creativity in it and I wanted to explore that route, and I have had a blast so far in doing it. This last spell of not wanting to write was the longest one I've had..and thanks to everyone here I feel that I am ready to get back on track.

What I believe caused my lack of will to write was when my wife told her parents about the book I was attempting to write (she wasn't aware I wanted no one to know about it until I finished..if even then). Anyways, from reading the numerous posts about people losing their muse, and all the other posts on here it motivates me to get back up on the horse and keep on writing. (Not to mention I looked back at my story and I could have sworn my main character threatened to beat me up if I didn't finish telling his story).

So...thanks!

1 person likes this.
  2. Marshmallow

Marshmallow New Member

So...you stopped writing because your wife (who I guess you are totally in love with) told her parents (whom are supposed to act like your parents) that you are writing a novel...That's hardcore I guess. I don't understand why you stopped, but hey, it happens. Usually the bad events in my life are what fuel my writing, so it's hard for me to sympathize with you.

However, I'm sure you'l' find that you won't regret your decision to return to writing. Everyone has something to say. :redface:

3. Cheeno

Cheeno Member

You're far from alone. We've all had times when we've struggled to overcome doubts and insecurities related to our creative journey. Welcome back and good luck with your work.

4. thabear637

thabear637 New Member

haha...well I'm still new to writing and I didn't want everyone to know I was trying to write a book for various reasons..one big reason is I definately want to finish it but since I've never written one..maybe I won't. So the less to know about it imo the better :)