1. thisisyourend

thisisyourend New Member

I know where to take my story but stuck with a big problem?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by thisisyourend, Apr 10, 2018.

So my story is set in the 1800s about my protagonist, William, in a fictional world where he goes through a portal to the city Silvoen to find the philosopher stone and deals with the leader of the city George. In the story the stone is known as the daylily of red. The story genre is scifi and that it is in a casual loop. How the loop follows is William will always become George by either religious or maybe lovecrafts (still deciding). The new George goes back in time and takes a mcguffin from his past self before William enters the new world to look for the mcguffin. The problem is that I thought what George took was the daylily but can see that wouldn't be able to work because any sane person who would have a powerful object where there like a god wouldn't give it up. It would need to be something else that can help in his conquest with the daylily? Oh yea and Georges goal is to take over the world with the stone.

2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

I don't understand the question... could you rephrase?

3. Jenissej

Jenissej Professional Lurker Supporter Contributor

I'm having trouble understanding that part. Do I get this correctly? William goes through a portal to find the stone and meets George, who has the stone. Then William adopts the name of 'George', stays in Silvoen before he decides to go back in time?

But if George already has the stone, why would he want to use the portal to go to William and take the stone from him, who at that point I assumed didn't have it? And how would William become a person that already exists?

4. OB1

OB1 Active Member

Also this sounds more like fantasy than scifi!

Like the other posters, your question doesn't make sense. Please can you rephrase it!

5. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

If Harry Potter isn't involved I'd change the name of the stone personally (the philosophers stone I mean not the day lily of whatever)

6. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

is this related to the last story you asked about incomprehensibly

7. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

I think that it might be useful to rewrite this as if it’s for English class, for a grade. It seems to be very hurriedly written, and is just difficult to follow.