1. Thewriter2021

Thewriter2021 New Member

I need some advise on ending my story

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Thewriter2021, Sep 18, 2021.

Okay, I'm new here.

I'm currently working on my first proper book, fiction all made up, but it's set at Christmas time, in a cabin, where the main character falls in love with a guy she dated years ago, and they all spend Christmas together with her family... and so on. It's mostly romance and happiness, but I'm not sure how to end it. I'd like to include a cliffhanger. Perhaps he has to leave to collect her present, but he gets into an accident due to the snowy/icy conditions? which would lead to the second book maybe? People with ideas.

2. montecarlo

montecarlo Contributor Contributor

Well I think you need to give us more on where it is at? I’m assuming everything is rainbow and unicorns right now, and they are madly in love and have forgiven each other the horrible things they’ve done?

I think if you just through in a reverse deus ex machina in there it won’t be satisfying to the reader, and won’t make them inclined to pick up the next book.

3. Thewriter2021

Thewriter2021 New Member

I want to add some of the story but I don't want to at the same time, What do you want to know and ill try and explain

sorry