1. oureihon

oureihon New Member

i need some help and some ideas

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by oureihon, Feb 14, 2018.

so my story involve two characters an interovert wealthy blind man who takes in a 17 years old girl from an abusing orphanage (like adopt her but not really)
    (half of the girl face is burned during a fire back when she was little)

i want some ideas on how their relationship will be ? how can i make tension between them?
    thank you so much

2. Night Herald

Night Herald The Fool Contributor

Well... Consider her background. Years (I'm guessing) in an abusive orphanage, and a catastrophic fire (the event which made her an orphan, I assume?) will have left her traumatized. A burnt child dreads the flame, as the saying goes (pardon the terrible, unintended pun).

Maybe she doubts her benefactor's reason for taking her in. Maybe he is 'snobbish', and complains about her poor table manners, causing a spat. Maybe she refuses to wear the fine clothes provided, hanging on to her rags out of spite. Maybe she throws a tantrum and wrecks her new bedroom. Maybe the old man is very strict, and she rebels, sneaking out at night etc. Maybe she torments the expensive private tutors he has hired, and shuns the school work. Maybe she steals. Maybe she feels Ill at ease with her new home and 'parent'. Maybe she tries to run away. Maybe she infringes on the privacy of this old introvert, to the point that he scalds her. Maybe she inadvertently causes a fire, ripping up old traumas and causing a lot of damage to the estate, perhaps bodily injury as well.

You have to develop and consider their respective personalities. Is the old man kind or cruel? Strict or lenient? Is the girl rebellious or timid? And so on, forever.

3. GlitterRain7

GlitterRain7 Galaxy Girl Contributor

Maybe the old man is snobby and the girl has different morals then him. That would add some tension, especially since she's a teen and probably thinks that she's always right.
    Or maybe she's sort of reclusive since she's been in the abusive orphanage and has no family left. She just wants to turn of age and live on her own, without anyone else to answer too, because the people she cared about (her parents) are dead. (If they aren't dead, because I'm assuming they are from the fire, then I'll assume they left her there. In that case, she wouldn't even care about them.)