I REALLY need a suggestion please =[

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by dream09, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Atari

Atari Active Member

Whoo! 1% of this website has heretofore agreed with me on anything!

Sorry about the off topic post. Just a bit excited, and all.

2. dream09

dream09 New Member

Thank you very much for your replies... i do indeed like the idea of changed the name altogether... i never really thought of it that way. I do want the sun to be something that condems them to what they really are so i've came up with something that ia similar to the coal black.... just tweaked a bit. Its working great with my novel, and with what happens to him makes him feel the pain that he felt to be what he is so it looks like it will work out... if you have any more suggestions feel free to say them
    Thank you
    Cheyenne

3. sapphire_chan

sapphire_chan New Member

Which traditional vampire? Just about every culture has a vampire legend.

4. afinemess

afinemess Active Member

I think you could make them invisible in the sunlight. It wouldnt hurt them, and could you imagine anything sadder than walking around during the beautiful day and no one being able to see you, or seeing anyone like you? You could be with your loved ones, if they are still alive and follow them around without them ever knowing, and if you wanted to go in that direction, it could make for a very sad effect on the vampire when written correctly.

Edited to add,
    has that ever been done before? I dont read many vampire books.

5. CharlieVer

CharlieVer Contributor Contributor

The vampire becomes healthier because of the boost to his Vitamin D, but is warned by the vampire doctor to use SPF 30 to avoid skin cancer.

Or, he could turn into a giant fluffy marshmallow.

Those are the only two possibilities. Nothing else will do.

Unless, of course, you use something that's already been done, or something someone else suggested, or better yet, you can come up with something different using your imagination. With your imagination, there are possibilities somewhere approaching infinity. As Cognito pointed out, it's your story.

I'm not entirely sure you can't come up with something unique, however.

Perhaps sunlight transports him to another world? Plenty of stories have been done about transportation to another world, but I don't know of any where sunlight transports a vampire to another world--not that it hasn't been done--it may have! And that may be a good idea, or it may seem hokey and silly. But I just pulled that out of the air. If you use your imagination you can probably pull a hundred possibilities out of the air given time. Find one you like and one that fits with the rest of your plot, and run with it. As pointed out elsewhere, ideas are not the most important thing: execution is the most important thing, making it a well-written, compelling, intriguing story that draws your reader in and makes him forget this world for a while.

Charlie

PS. Stars are actually far-distant suns, right? Shouldn't starlight have the same effect, albeit to a lesser degree, as sunlight? And moonlight is just reflected sunlight. Shouldn't that also have an effect? Just pondering...

6. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

What's that syndrome or illness where the sufferer is totally allergic to sun (comes out in hives or something, and their retinas burn)?
    It could be what vampires get these days, what with damage to the ozone layer etc and allergies occuring more. It was used in a film I saw recently but I can't remember the name... dammit...