Tags:
  1. Alex Wida

Alex Wida Banned

I researching best russian books

Discussion in 'Research' started by Alex Wida, Nov 28, 2017.

Like the ones from golden age during the cold war yes I know it's kind of weird but trust me Russian experience a golden age of sci-fi books during the cold war trust me I'm part Russian I've did some research about Russian sci-fi books and it confirmed it.

2. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

I'm sure we're all delighted for you o_O

Iain Aschendale likes this.
  3. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Its only sort of true anyway - there was a lot of SciFi written pre revolution and under Lenin, but the heavy censorship of the Stalinist era didn't do a lot to encourage creativity, and russian scifi didnt get going properly again til the 60s and 70s

Its also notable that much of it while well written is tiresomely 'on message' in terms of themes of communism/revolution good vs capitalism bad which while understandble doesn't do much for creative freedom (those that dared to write distopia were often labeled dissidents and sent to the gulag or into exile)