1. The Dark Sun

The Dark Sun New Member

Delete an account

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by The Dark Sun, Oct 27, 2014.

Hello,

I would like to know how is it possible to delete my account? I want to leave the forum for some "personal" reasons.

I saw here that it is indeed possible to do it (see the last post) but I didn't find how.

Help, please.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

We do not delete accounts. You must have missed the post in that thread from the forum administrator:

We don't even delete members who have been banned for the sake of continuity in the threads in which they have participated. We're an active, well-trafficked forum. Just stop using your account and your 5 posts will quickly roll back into the oblivion of Page 2 and beyond.

3. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

As the last posts on the thread you linked to says, you cannot get your account deleted. What you can do, however, is to go to your profile settings and disable all mails that may be sent to you from the forum (newsletters, alerts about new posts, etc.) and then simply go away from the forum without looking back.

The relevant profile settings can be found here and here.

4. The Dark Sun

The Dark Sun New Member

So you prevent people to leave the forum.

5. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

There is no one that prevents you from leaving, you just can't expect to vanish without a trace.

Imagine what would happen if people could have themselves removed from the forum's database. Say, e.g., that I was to have my account deleted. Suddenly 500 posts and several threads would disappear, leaving holes in the forum, just as Daniel said in the thread you linked to.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  6. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Unless your real name really is The Dark Sun, you have nothing to worry about. Just walk away. It's that simple. And if you ever change your mind, you can always come back.