1. Wayjor Frippery

Wayjor Frippery Contributor Contributor

*Fanfare* The Most Honourable Wayjor Marquess of Moon

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Wayjor Frippery, Feb 26, 2016.

Nothing like being announced, eh?

I always think forum introductions are a bit like walking into a pub with a megaphone: "Here I am, lords and ladies! I would like to be one of you, have my tankard hung behind the bar and drop pork scratchings on the floor for the landlady's dog!"

I don't know if the landlady has a dog, but I would like to partake of this fine community.

I love words, books, writing and talking at length about all three. I gather that you all do too. I hope that we can exchange some good ideas, have a laugh and make our words better than they currently are.

I am a human being. I live with another one. Together we have made some little ones. When I'm not with them, or doing my job, I write and when I'm alone and not writing, I think about writing. I'm currently writing about Victorians and magic and the evils of empire. I hope that one day people will read my stuff. Maybe some of you will be the first.

Thanks for reading.

Your most humble servant,

Wayjor Frippery, The Marquess of Moon.

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum! :) I love your intro. :D The ingredients of your story sound very intriguing. The Victorian era was really fascinating, and I especially like those gothic novels that were popular back then. :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started.

Have fun!

-Kat

3. Wayjor Frippery

Thanks, Kat. I also love the gothic stuff. You can't beat a a bit of Bram Stoker. The novel I'm working on at the moment (which is my first incidentally) is less gothic and more 'Indiana Jones with a cup of tea', sort of Charles Dickens meets North by Northwest with a side order of The IPCRESS File and a hint of a nod to Tolkien.

I don't know. It's either genius or a train wreck waiting to happen. One of the two.

4. Judahml

Judahml Member

Well even train wrecks are epic in their own way...unless its your train that is. Have you ever heard of the series, The Parasol Protectorate? Seems like it might be your cup of tea ;)

5. Wayjor Frippery

No, I haven't, but I've just googled it, and it does sound like my mug o char. Having said that, while I'm still at the coal face, I'm a little nervous of reading anything that mines a similar vein to my stuff for fear of a) being disheartened that there's always someone out there who does it better and b) accidentally stealing from the seam next door.

But anyway, thanks for the recommendation. It's now on the reading list. :)

6. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Glad we got you squared away with your account. :agreed:

T'was I with whom you corresponded in otherly places by differentish means. :whistle::bigwink:

7. Wayjor Frippery

Aye, aye, Cap'n! Squared away with topsails hoisted, spinnaker out and she's running fair before the wind!

Wreybies likes this.