1. Judahml

Judahml Member

Another Monkey with a typewriter

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Judahml, Feb 25, 2016.

Hello to each of you, I hope you are having a great day, or night. My name is Judah, I'm glad to be here, this seems like a great forum with pretty awesome people.

My primary purpose of being here is to rub shoulders with other writers and make friends who "get it" this forum looks to offer an amazing amount of potential, and I look forward to exploring it all, but for now I'm mainly looking to meet some awesome people.

I love brainstorming and coming up with ideas, so if you need some let me know.

As far as my writing, I have played with a wide verity of topics and genres trying to see what I like best, currently I'm working with a Private Eye feel.

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Judah, and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you'll fit right in! :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. Explore, participate, and have fun!

-Kat

3. A.S.Ford

A.S.Ford Active Member

Hi Judah it sounds like you are in the right place :) everyone on here has been so friendly and welcoming and I think a lot of people joining up (including myself) are hoping to make friends on this forum. Diversity in writing is always an interesting and good thing to do; which genre have you found best to your liking so far?

4. Wayjor Frippery

Wayjor Frippery Contributor Contributor

Hi Judah, I thought I'd say hello because I'm new here too. As A.S.Ford said above, everyone here seems very friendly and welcoming, so I hope we'll all have a great time.

When you say 'working with a Private Eye' feel, do you mean like Sam Spade or the British satirical magazine? ;-)

5. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

Hello and welcome, The Private Eye kinda books are a good example of what I have never read but have want to.

6. Judahml

Judahml Member

- Thanks Kat
    A.S. Ford - I had a ton of fun writing a short story in the Meideval Horror genre...if that even is a genre... But my favorite so far would probably be Steampunk mystery.
    Wayjor Fippery - Well I have always felt a kindred spirit with "tracer bullet" also I didn't know the British did Satire...man they are full of surprises. :) my British pop culture ends with Scott Mills, and 24 years at the tap end.
    Deadmoon- I got into it by way of a podcast "Black Jack Justice" its awesome and I highly recommend it. Plus it's audio so you can get it in on pesky long car rides when reading is frowned on....at least for the driver
    ..though I have tried...

7. A.S.Ford

A.S.Ford Active Member

`
    Medieval Horror sounds really interesting as does Steampunk mystery. I like to write Fantasy, Magical Realism and Historical Fiction and lately I have been experimenting with Alternative History :)

8. Wayjor Frippery

That's certainly not a bad place for it to end. Knowing which way round to sit in the bath is an important life skill! :)

A.S.Ford likes this.
  9. Judahml

Judahml Member

A.S. Ford ~ Haha...your writing progression sounds just like my reading progression. I originally never thought I would like Alternative History, but I have been pleasantly surprised more than a few times lately, and I'm taking a shine to it.

Wayjor Frippery ~ I think sitting in a bath is a lot like holding a candle...if your doing it wrong it will let you know.

A.S.Ford likes this.
  10. Wayjor Frippery

Yep. Just like sex and paying taxes. Though not both at the same time of course.