1. Thagryn-Sylrand

Thagryn-Sylrand New Member

My edit doesn't work

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Thagryn-Sylrand, Nov 6, 2008.

There used to be an edit button at the bottom right hand corners of my posts but now it doesn't show up. Can this be fixed?

2. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

I had a problem with the eidit button today when i was quoting, i couldnt type anything.

But it was a one off. WF ghost at action again.

3. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

I think this 'edit' function expires after a certain amount of time, probably to allow for forum integrity and posterity. I suspect Daniel or Cog will be able to tell us more though.

4. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Not that I've encountered Gannon... But that said, I do have a talent for missing the glaringly obvious.

I'd propose it's probably the ghost again, to be honest.

5. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

If it doesn't 'expire' then I also problems because I have experienced the option disappearing also, particularly with older posts.

Edit: The edit option disappears if a thread is locked I believe so could explain its absence for a particular post.

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

All that button does on mine is jump me to the Quick Edit textbox at the bottom of the page. I actually never use it, I just scroll to the box and start typing.

7. Thagryn-Sylrand

what i was trying to do was to make my thread blank in the "Picture wars" thread because someone beat me to a post. It was a recent post. I just can't use edit on any of my posts but i need it sometimes.

8. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Can you not use the edit button at all? Or was this just a one-time thing?

9. Thagryn-Sylrand

I can not use the edit button at all.

10. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Try cleariing your Internet cache (Temporary Internet files) first. If that doesn't solve your problem, look on the status bar at the bottom lefyt of your Internet Explorer window for a yellow triangle icon with an exclamation mark in it, before and after you try clicking the Edit button. If one is present, double click on it and copy the details, word for word into a text file and then paste it into a message here. That icon indicates a scripting error, which may be preventing the button from working.

If you are NOT using Internet Explorer, but have it available on your computer, see if you have the same problem with Internet Explorer. If the problem is with your browser, its scripting interpreter may not be able to understand something in the client side scripting used by vBulletin, and you may need to change to a compatible browser.

11. Thagryn-Sylrand

I use firefox but I tried IE and I still have the same problem. I'm not sure if it's because I have an earlier version of explorer or not but at the bottom left hand corner of the browser window I do not see the triangle. And an edit button does not show up at all, just the quote, multi quote and quick reply show up on my posts like they would on other members posts.