Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Paranormal Geeks: Opinions on a picture.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MissAnndroid, Jun 15, 2012.

[​IMG]

The picture above was taken by me. I took this picture at about 2 am in front of an old abandoned barn that sits next to an old condemned house that dates back to the civil war. I would like opinions on this photo. Do you see what I see? (Pointed out by my labels and arrows on the first version of the picture) or do you believe something else? NOTE: Those are NOT tree branches, smoke strands are anything like that. I had the camera aimed in the direction of the front of the barn without any obstacles in front of me. Everything seen in this picture was NOT seen by the naked eye of me, my fiance, or my best friend. (All three of us went on this venture.) This photo hasn't been tampered with, just lightened.

Some have said it looks like an old civil war soldier, possibly screaming with wide eyes...
    What do you see?

THE FURTHER AWAY YOU MOVE FROM YOUR SCREEN, THE CLEARER THE IMAGE OF THE 'CIVIL WAR MAN' IS.

Attached Files:

2. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

I did walk to the other side of my room just now and looked at the image, and I did see a circular shape and what looked like two eye sockets and a mouth, but the arrows labeled 'eye sockets' were pointing directly above the little holes. It looked more like a mask thing, than a human face.

Interesting find, though!

3. Cerrus

Cerrus New Member

What was this picture taken with? A coconut?!

Haha jokes aside, yes it does look like some form of a gas mask maybe?

4. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

@ Cerrus: HAHA! I was ROTFLing at your comment. XD

But, yeah! I could totally see a gas mask in there!

@ Link: Hehe, my labels are kind of funny. :-D But yes, you and Cerrus brought up a great point! I had never seen it as being a mask before until now. :O :]

5. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

A photo of that quality, it really could be anything. You could easily force yourself to think so anyway.

I can't really see much to be honest. Not enough to make me think it could be something paranormal.

6. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

I can see where you are coming from because, as you said, the quality is quite poor.
    But, it is fun to imagine such things, none the less. :]

Thanks for taking a look. :D

7. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

:)

Trust me, i LOVE this kind of thing, and spend most of my internet time on certain websites that debate these things all day, every day.

Who knows, i've been lucky and experienced strange things, so i'm thankful for having an open eye before of said things, and all the others that do too, it's a great thing.

8. SuttonMichael254

SuttonMichael254 Active Member

yeah the quality is kinda poor for me to say if i see anything. Im always intrested in stuff like this. Maybe you could go back and try to take a few more photos

9. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

I'd really like to. Next time I go to my Nana's farm in Georgia, I definitely will! :D and with a better camera!

10. live2write

live2write Senior Member

what you are looking at is your brain trying to piece together pixels, contrast and color to create a familiar image. I see something after looking at it for a few moments, but paranormal...not really.

11. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Yeah. Still fun though. ;]

12. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

Paranormal...maybe...It reminds me a little of The Man in the Moon, however, in that we each see what we think we see. Interesting.

- Darkkin, the Tedious

13. gramar2

gramar2 New Member

Well, I am having a time seeing much of anything but I am 76 yrs old and my eyes aren't what they used to be. I looked with my bifocals, the upper part of my glasses and without them and no luck but probly just my eyes rather than your picture or your mind. Lol. I am sure your mind is fine.

14. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Don't worry! The quality is extremely poor so it's pretty much a hit-or-miss sort of picture. It also depends on the lighting of your computer screen. Not everyone has been able to pull something together with this photo, you aren't alone! :]

15. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Alive in the Superunknown

You'll find the answers to your question more useful if you post the pic without any arrows pointing out what you think you see.

16. maidahl

maidahl Banned

nope, dust/light trick. Particles. Look at the clouds and tell me there are bunnies and monsters in the heavens. Proof of the celests? Hmm....

17. Steph4136

Steph4136 New Member

I'd like to see the original before I base an opinion. When you put things like arrows and words, you're not letting people come to their own conclusion. You're planting into their head what to see before they look.

In research for my book (which is told from the perspective of a ghost) I contacted paranormal groups and investigators and learned a TON about it. One of these days I'll go on an investigation, when my kids are older and I have more time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.