1. datahound2u

datahound2u Member

I Think I'm Happy to be Here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by datahound2u, Nov 15, 2015.

Hello to all of you Writing Forum Internet people!

First, major kudos to whomever is in charge of this site's SEO plan! I googled "writing forum" and this site appeared first in the list. Excellent! In my experience, it is rare that the precise site I think I'm looking for appears first in the list. I usually have to waste so much time visiting those other sites that by the time I get down to the perfect site, I'm unaware of it because I've forgotten exactly what I was looking for in the first place. That's not the case this time :bigwink:

I'm not much on talking about myself, except possibly under the guise of fiction (which not only allows but demands embellishment to make it such), and this New Members Introductions forum is decidedly the online equivalent of those awkward stand-up-and-tell-the-class-a-little-bit-about-yourself moments that I dreaded in college and like environments. However, since I think I may have found a home with this site, I want to be a good member and a good neighbor. Thus, let me proceed to do what I came here to do. (My stalling tactics are waning.)

I am your typical male with an over-active imagination, periodic bouts of depression and anxiety, a life that has too much predictability, entering the twilight of a [non-writing] career that has evolved into stress and burnout (which likely led to the depression and anxiety previously mentioned), who embraces a thirst for fiction to escape the monotony of previously said life. I also play Sudoku daily in an offering to appease that overbearing part of my brain that demands logic and order, stifling the creative energy that has become a precious part of my existence.

I joined this site - this writing forum - for several reasons. First, if I could actually write as much as I think about writing, I'd probably be published by now. Second, if I could actually finish ANY of the writing projects that I start, I'd probably overcome my first reason for being here. Thus, I need help - be it a kick in the pants , a thoughtful mentor, or a plethora of inspiration.

I hope I'm in the right place. Thank you for having me.

2. ReproveTheCurlew

ReproveTheCurlew Active Member

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I'm new here myself, and I've been enjoying my stay so far, so I certainly hope you'll find what you are looking for. Very interesting introduction!

I have the same problem as you, in that I think about writing much more than I actually do spend doing it - probably not a good habit. But I suppose in engaging with critiquing other writers you're bound to start spotting mistakes in your own work. Also, a lot of the threads are about finding inspiration, so I hope that will help.

Take care and enjoy your stay!
    Reprove

datahound2u likes this.
  3. datahound2u

datahound2u Member

Thank you for the welcome, Reprove. I look forward to reading your work. Love the avatar!