1. Honey Chicken

Honey Chicken New Member

I wiped my boots on the way in and everything...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Honey Chicken, Dec 14, 2015.

Hello All!

I'm an unpublished writer (if you don't count a professional article I produced for a job interview) living in the UK. I have been 50k words into a fiction novel for the last two years as things have stalled for various professional and family time-consuming reasons.

I'd love to get back into writing as I wrote the first 50k on a wave of enthusiasm generated by the inclusion and camaraderie of another writing forum.

I love reading other writers' posts for critique but I don't have confidence with the actual critique because of the little voice in my head saying, 'what tha' fuck d'you know about it?'. That voice is a real bugger. Maybe it accounts for my current inability to find an ending to my story. Anyway, I'm really excited to being a part of the forum and look forward to getting to know you all.

BTW: I love Honey Chicken, my rescued chicken, and also eating honey chicken- I'm a confused meat-eating vegetarian. I spend all my non-work time in wellies covered in chicken shit...

datahound2u likes this.
  2. datahound2u

datahound2u Member

Hi, Honey Chicken!

If you need some inspiration to get the ending on that novel, I suspect that you are in the right place. The folks around here are amazing. Everyone seems to "play nice" and being a part of this community, even for a short time, has been very inspirational to me and my writing.

I wish you well!

3. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

nice?? Not if you want serious critique, than you have to take your lumps like everyone ;) :rolleyes:

But it doesn't have to be delivered hurtful, in that the guys here are really good, so no fear!

datahound2u likes this.