1. Published on Amazon? If you have a book, e-book, or audiobook available on Amazon.com, we'll promote it on WritingForums.org for free. Simply add your book to our Member Publications section. Add your book here or read the full announcement.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. Elven Candy

Elven Candy Pay no attention to the foot in my mouth Supporter Contributor

Beta Reading I would like some beta readers for a 4900 word short story, please!

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Elven Candy, Jun 15, 2017.

Hey everyone!

So this short story, The Girl in the Blackberry Patch, is a little fantasy story that I'd been trying to write for years, and only became good enough to write within these last few months. I'd love it if you guys could read it and tell me what you think. Any kind of suggestion, critique, or general feedback is welcome, even if all you do is suggest what my target audience is (seriously, 'cause I have no idea!). And don't worry about going easy--I've developed a thick (or at least fast-healing) skin!

The basic plotline is about a ten-year-old boy trying to decide if his new friend is real or imaginary. If you'd like a preview before deciding, you can read the first two pages that I've posted in the critique section.
    Here's a link: https://www.writingforums.org/threads/the-girl-in-the-blackberry-patch.152417/

And don't worry about finishing it if you think it's boring--just tell me where you got bored and, if you can, tell me why.

Any and all feedback is welcome.
    Thank you for reading this far!

P.S. I'm willing to try beta reading a similar sized story from you as well, but please nothing horror, gory, erotic, or sad--I rather don't like those kinds of stories.

2. Fernando.C

Fernando.C Contributing Member

Hi @Elven Candy, I'd be happy to take a look at your story and offer any critique I can, the premise sounds interesting. And fantasy is my primary genre both as a writer and a reader so hopefully I can be useful to you :).