Tags:
  1. Viserion

Viserion Senior Member

Ice Dragon

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by Viserion, Dec 3, 2020.

What do you think of these Ice Dragons?

They are ethereal-seeming beings, very thin to the eye, and you can see clear through them. The wings of an ice dragon are seemingly stiff as a board, but they can flap them without a sound. Ice dragons can camouflage, light bending around their scales in a way reminiscent of real-world ‘invisibility cloaks’. They fly in a very stiff, lifeless way, but can move with immense speed. Although they look frail and thin, ice dragons are just as strong as real dragons.

Their breath is a white mist, and it kills by freezing men alive. In some instances, when a man removes his gloves or helm after being exposed to the breath, skin comes with it. Some men do not realize they were hit until they are in a warm environment, at which point the skin and muscles of wherever they were hit thaws and breaks off. Ice dragon breath is numbing, and only hurts once you’re warm again. Their breath has a tendency to stay in an area until the sun dissipates it.

Ice dragons are immune to cold, and their bodies are mildly resistant to fire. However, they hate heat and light, preferring to dwell in arctic caverns when summer arrives. The only reliable way to kill them is with a dragon’s fires, as that can injure them. Ice dragons are preceded by snow and hail, even in high summer, and often bring blizzards. Their blood is white as milk, but clear inside the body.

2. HulkingElf

HulkingElf Member

as a dnd player/dm my take on your ice dragon is really cool honestly, although i would remove the mild resist to fire and the 'just as strong as normal dragons' as they have that stupid op camouflage and breath to make up for it, id say make them a little more frail or even give them a more serpentine body to add to the 'ethereal aspect' this monster would make more sense as a fragile ambush predator with near instant freezing abilities, with unmatched cloaking in a winter environment.

Viserion likes this.
  3. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

We have invisibility cloaks in the real world?

Viserion likes this.
  4. Viserion

Viserion Senior Member

Prototypes, yeah. They’re not super-effective, from what I hear.

Good points. They’re sort of like foils to my fire dragons, who’re all a black so deep and pure you can’t properly focus on their scales.