1. chiank

chiank New Member

Novel What is manuscript?

Discussion in 'Genre Discussions' started by chiank, Mar 16, 2010.

Is it unpublished version of novel ?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A manuscript is the novel or short story in a form suitable for submission to a publisher. Despite its name, a handwritten copy is never acceptable. Manuscript formatting standards are designed to be compatible with typewritten copy, with plenty of space between the lines and in the margins for the submissions editor to scribble notes. Hardcopy manuscripts are printed one-sided.

3. chiank

chiank New Member

Thanks for your reply
    while i was reading regarding Agents online. I read it mentioning that after success of early stages of contact(like query letter then some chapters of novel) agent ask us to send a manuscript of our novel. Well i wonder whether we just submit our manuscript to agent or we do copyright before then send them ? Isn't there any risk of sending manuscript without copyrighting? I mean we are just sending our whole work to unknown person, it might go to wrong hands.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Your work is already protected by copyright. Don't bother registering your copyright. No publisher or agency will be so stupid as to jeopardize their entire business by attempting to steal your manuscript!

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

ditto all that!