Ideas for a relationship breakup?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Magnatolia, Jan 14, 2014.

1. ddavidv

ddavidv Senior Member

I just wrote a failed marriage where the wife leaves a handsome, nice guy simply because she didn't want the life he was offering (pretty much the opposite of what the OP's story is). She has hypergamy, and realizes quickly that his vision of a family with 2.5 kids, a house in the suburbs and being middle class won't satiate her. She's actually smart to get out while she can, but he can't figure out why she left...he's a nice guy, after all.

2. AlannaHart

AlannaHart Senior Member

My message gets deleted for being abusive and yet the message in which someone states they are 'hateful about homosexuality' stays up. Great. I know where I'm not wanted.

3. Mans

Mans Contributor Contributor

Someone sent me a PM and informed me about this post and what you expressed. Although I didn't want to offend anyone and my intention was friendly and was not offending others but from now on, I will stop speaking hereon. He even told me, you are threatening others and I responded him, no I am not threatening. I just wanted to describe the God's behavior and it wasn't a personal threat.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  4. Jack Asher

Jack Asher Banned Contributor

You just have to remember that most countries outside the middle east and africa a more liberal about tolerating homosexuality. I think you can understand why wishing for destruction on the countries in which the majority of this sites members reside might seem a bit threatening.

5. Carla Wynker

Carla Wynker New Member

Well how old will your character be? Because if he's in his late twenties, you could say that his girlfriend wanted to start a familly. But since he quit his nice job and ends up in a precarious situation prevented it makes her wish more complicated. And maybe you could say that she had to pay most of the bills, and she feels that he was being selfish.

Or maybe you could say that when he started to be more interested in his passion, he became less affectionate with her. She didn't feel loved by him anymore.

6. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

You say that your intention was friendly, but surely you must see that the people that you're condemning will not see it as friendly? And you described what the religion that you choose to believe, has to say about God's behavior. You see it as fact, I most certainly don't.

I think that it's important for you to understand that you absolutely can not assume that all people, or even a safe majority of people, will agree on any issue of religion. When you want to condemn someone's behavior on a religious basis, you would be safest to go straight to the Debate Room--and even then, substantial care is called for.

7. Alesia

Alesia Pen names: AJ Connor, Carey Connolly Contributor

Here are the reasons behind a few of my many break-up's:
    1: Drugs
    2: Alcohol
    3: She decided she was Bi and felt like being with someone of another gender
    4: Drugs
    5: She said I was a "self-absorbed asshole."
    6: Drugs
    7: She said I was "crazy and abusive."
    8: Drugs

8. ChickenFreak

I still think that the reason for the breakup is baked into the situation:

"MC is an artist and can't afford the rent."

Unless the premise is that the MC has tried long and hard to get a paying job, any paying job, artistic or no, then it seems reasonable that his girlfriend would get tired of supporting him in his voluntary poverty.

9. Mans

Mans Contributor Contributor

ChickenFreak' you may not believe in my good intention and suppose it was based on a hostility state. Maybe you do not know how much I am concerned for myself, other humans and the fate of the world. Also maybe you don't know, I am the first person that is afraid about his own final consequence. Because I don't feel I am secure against justice and judgement of God. I have ever wished, God encounter me friendly, with his forgiveness and he don't encounter me with his justice and severity. Sometimes I go to the yard, look at the sky, stars and the milky way and talk to God while my body is shaking because of the fear of those creator. I fear because, I am not a perfect human and am not who God has expected. I have many fault about the tasks which he has specified for humans to do. I think that I am an disobedient person against him and I am afraid because of my little good deeds. I want to say something and I hope you Christians don't get bothering. Your imagination about God is very simple and think prophet Jesus will save the worst sinner from hell; even without true repent and compensation of the sins. This thought makes you feel, the sins are very small and unimportant. The imaginations of pagans is worse. They basically deny the creator of the universe and believe in something as evolution absolutely. Anyway, I wanted to say, I had a good intention about what I announced in my previous post. Also, as you told, If I had a discussion, I will go to debate room and talk more pleasant.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  10. ChickenFreak

I'm not responding further in this thread.

11. novemberjuliet

novemberjuliet Member

He could just be emotionally or socially immature. I know plenty of couples that broke up for that reason.