1. hobbes2k2

hobbes2k2 New Member

Birthday poem.

Discussion in 'The Craft of Writing Poetry' started by hobbes2k2, Oct 11, 2008.

I only write for the one I love. And it has almost come to a stop. I never write anymore. I used to write her poems for Christmas, Birthdays, holidays, or whenever, but for the past year I have not written her a thing, and her birthday is coming up soon. I plan on writing a poem about three topics. Movies, music, and events. They are all something that we both either know about, or have changed our realationship in a way. I have the list of the three topics pretty much on paper, but I do not know how to start it. I am planning on hand making a leather and locj bound journal which will include lines from the poem, with pictures and drawings to go with each page.

Trouble is, I am blocked on how to start the whole thing.

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i work with a lot of aspiring poets, so if you want some one-on-one help with this very thoughtful gift, drop me a line...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com