1. Sayso

Sayso New Member

Sense

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sayso, Jan 10, 2008.

No not that kind of sense. I certainly have none of that anyway.

I'm talking about your senses (should've said that then:p). If you had to give up one of your five senses, which could you NOT do without?

For me it would be my hearing. I could never live without that even though I know sign language (to a certain degree) and could still communicate, not being able to hear music or the sounds of nature and those I love would be the ultimate no no.

So how about you? Which of your senses would you hate to do without?

2. Raven

Raven Banned

I agree my hearing is very important to me. I love my music i really do. But I could not lose my eye sight. All the beauty I would not see Not been able to look upon my wife again seeing my kids play, Seeing my kids grow. If I lost that I would be a very sad person.

Somethings I just do not want to miss. And my sight would take those visions away. Been able to hear them just is not the same as seeing them.

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Taste. It's nice and all, but I could live without it in a way that I couldn't live without my other senses.

4. Raven

Raven Banned

No he means which one couldn't you live without. ie hearing sight which do you not wish to lose? :p

5. Endeavour

Endeavour New Member

Eye sight!

Forbiding me from: reading, writing, watching TV, seeing loved ones!

6. Sayso

Sayso New Member

Of course the sixth sense is also very handy too. Couldn't do without that one either.

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

My sense of humor.

Seriously,though, I'd have to say my eyesight. I'd hate to lose any of my senses, but that is the one which would have the greatest impact on my day to day life, my ability to earn a living, and to live independently.

8. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Eyesight. It's for one, the sense which defines life for me, and also it is such a beautiful sense that I'd rather not talk, not taste, not smell, and not hear (it's bad, but it'll be easy to fall asleep :p) but I would never bar myself from the mystic and charismatic beauty all around me. In the darkest drains and in the brightest skies, there is always more than just a view to offer. It offers me revitalization and vivacity. And of course, I can't read or write, which is simply not me.

9. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

eyesight. Video Games are my passion in life and if I lose my eyesigth... well lets just agree that there would be alot of frustration...

10. lessa

lessa New Member

eyesight. I love to see people, don't always want to listen to them though.
    Sense of touch would be a bad one to lose but you could still see someone trying to hug you. And you could watch to make sure something was hot or not just have to be careful.
    If you can see you can always communicate

11. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

I have already lost a lot of my hearing, but am "ok" with it. If I was loosing my eye sight I would panick.
    So my answer is eyesight.

12. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Simple, sight. Otherwise I would not be able to see what I write, and without that well, I dunno, I've never had to do it but I don't fancy trying it.

I would rather loose my sense of taste out of them all though. Help me loose weight :p

13. lessa

lessa New Member

I think sense of taste would be the least missed.
    I love the smell of snow and rain and lakes and all the outdoors.
    although some days here in town I could do without the smell. It is a pulp mill town and it stinks.

14. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Actuallyour snese of taste and smell are interconnected. Smell is basically tasting the air. If one loses their sense of taste they lose the sense of smell (That is what I'm told I've never actually looekd this up).

15. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

sight is the one i wouldn't want to live without, since then i couldn't continue to write and help writers and the folks here on tinian who need help with letters and such... along with not being able to keep my projects here going... other islands are now asking me to help them set up donation centers for them, and that takes sight, for me to do effectively... same goes for the shelter for abused women that i'm just now getting off the ground here, that the other islands also need... and the international peace center i hope to get going this year...

so, bottom line is i'd pick any sense to lose but sight...

16. CharlieTheUnicorn13

CharlieTheUnicorn13 New Member

Somewhere in this universe... Is there some reason
    Well, it depends. Which one would make life unbearably difficult? Losing my eyesight. Which one would depress me and ruin my life? Hearing. Music is my life. I live for music. I write music. I can't live without it. Though I would miss the beauty of nature.