If you could do anything....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gigi_GNR, Apr 9, 2011.

1. JTheGreat

JTheGreat New Member

I'd love to beat my mile time (7:54, I frankly suck), sing with my friends' band (although they barely know I'm interested in vocal music, so they always ask my bestie over me), and get into the advanced belts of judo. I'd love to learn how to digitally color or line-art my drawings, too.

Oh, and I am dying to visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Florida :).

2. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Oh gosh, my mile time is like, 11 minutes. :eek: I was the fastest girl in my gym class, too. Running is just not my thing. At all.

And I desperately want to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter myself. :D

3. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

There are tons of tutorials all over online that will teach you how to line art and color. Especially if you have PS, that's the most common, but you can find tutorials for almost every program out there. Deviant art is a good place to look too.

4. JTheGreat

JTheGreat New Member

PS is kinda pricey for a teenager on a budget, but I do have GIMP. It's not very user-friendly to sketches, though XD.

5. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

My sister uses GIMP :D It most definitely takes some getting used to (so I'm told, she got all the artistic genes), and it took her about 6 weeks to get really good with it. It IS possible though and there are tutorials for it as well :D

6. marina

marina Contributor Contributor

It's ironic because of my fear of heights, but I'm fascinated by extreme base jumping and would love the exhilaration of free falling and then gaining altitude as the wind pushes against you, ending it with the wingsuit floating you in arms-length of a cliff wall of some mountain in Norway (before safely landing on a soft patch of grass, ha).

7. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

I need to go see Ken Dodd live before he drops dead rather than before I drop dead lol (comedian now well in his 80s)

8. Gigi_GNR

If I could do anything, I'd also wish to go to a taping of Johnny Carson's Tonight Show. The man is a legend, and I agree when people say he's the godfather of comedy. I wish I could've been alive to see his Tonight Show at night, instead of watching clips on Youtube, which is good, but not the same thing. I miss him. :(

I'd also wish to see the Beatles live. My grandma saw them in 1965 in Minnesota and I'm completely jealous that she got to see them.

9. JMTweedie

JMTweedie New Member

At the moment, the only thing I really want to do is finish my novel and get it published. I'm determined to do it.
    You can do anything that you set your mind to. I really believe that.

10. evelon

evelon Active Member

We saw him a few years ago. We'd been promising we would for years. Wow!
    Take sandwiches and flask!

11. Elgaisma

My Mum got to actually hear the Beatles lol although they were still Quarrymen/Silver Beatles at the time in the Cavern. :) Lots of people saw them a lot fewer heard them live.

12. Elgaisma

LOL by all accounts plastic drawers as well :) Apparently he has over run at every performance since the 50s. I have wanted to go all my life but he only comes as far as Glasgow ... my Dad lives in Southport keep meaning to go visit.

13. JTheGreat

JTheGreat New Member

Also, I'd love to try parkour or free-running. It just looks so exhilarating :).

14. TheSpiderJoe

TheSpiderJoe New Member

I'd love to get into an argument with Stan Lee. Not a discussion. An argument.

The man is a legend. He created some of the greatest characters and stories of any generation imaginable, and he's humble to boot. I've never seen him get mad or upset over anything. Stan Lee always finds a way to shrug it off.

That's why I want to get into an argument with him. Because it'll be hilarious to hear him get steamed over whatever the hell we're arguing about and I can live on knowing I had a verbal confrontation with Mr. Excelsior himself.

15. Trilby

Trilby Contributor Contributor

Italy- me too.
    My great-great-grand parent came over here from Italy (I believe Florance) in the mid 19th century. So yes it's on my to do list. One day I'll get around to it.

16. cheesysalsa

cheesysalsa Member

I'd love the ability to teleport.
    I mean, anything would be possible with teleportation.

17. Gigi_GNR

Or being able to Apparate. :p

I've actually always wanted to be able to do that. When I was younger, I was so bummed when I didn't get my Hogwarts acceptance letter. I've always wanted to dive into the movies/books for a day or two and play around with magic. I wish that was possible.