1. Stephen1974

Stephen1974 Active Member

If you could erase from your memory...

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Stephen1974, Jul 8, 2021.

If you could erase the works of one author from your memory and get to re-read their books again as if for the first time, who would it be?

I don't have an answer as there are so many authors I like for different reasons. You have great, epic stories where you are so invested in the characters you have to keep turning the page, you cry when they die, you miss them when the books are done. Then there are those that are so much fun they have you grinning constantly and laughing, whilst others having you explaiming, Wow, thats so cool.

I think Terry Pratchett, Bernard Cornwall and Nicholas Sansbury Smith would have to battle it out for me with an outside shout to Lee Childs and Tom Clancy. I can re-do these books again and again and again (with one or two exceptions from Mr Childs and Clancy) but its never like discovering them for the first time.

2. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Gene Wolfe for sure.

3. SapereAude

SapereAude Contributor Contributor

Tie between Anne McCaffrey and Edgar Rice Burroughs.

4. Havely Forbes

Havely Forbes New Member

Jonathan Stroud. I LOVE the bartimaeus trilogy and would be able to read it for the first time again :)

5. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

Robert Jordan. Except I wouldn't re-read them, I just want the braincells I expended reading them the first time back.

Cave Troll likes this.
  6. Laurin Kelly

Laurin Kelly Contributor Contributor

Definitely Nora Roberts. I haven't come close to reading all of her books, but the ones I have? I would give my left arm to fall in love with those characters and have the opportunity to root for their HEA again.