1. LastMindToSanity

LastMindToSanity Senior Member

If Your Character Were to Die, What Would the World Say About Them?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by LastMindToSanity, Aug 4, 2019.

The premise is simple. If your character were to die, what would the world say about them? Would they be praised? Ridiculed? Mocked? Maybe they were hated. Maybe they were loved. Maybe, to the rest of the world, they didn't even exist.

What impression would your character leave behind? What would be there legacy? Who have they helped, or perhaps hurt?

So, if only for a moment, kill your character and share what the world has to say about them after they're already gone.

2. disasterspark

disasterspark Active Member

My MC is an outlaw, leading a team and trying to escape a bad country.

He would be hated, ridiculed, mocked, all of that by most of the population under government control. Because they are taught to do so thanks to government propaganda. But to other outlaws, he would be seen as a hero. A man who fought to the end for his people. A man to look up to and aspire to be. For in death, he is forever immune to the government converting him to their side.

I fully agree with the statement in the movie The Dark Knight that you either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. But in this case, he died both a hero and villain.

3. Gallogladh

Gallogladh New Member

There isn't much of a legacy for losers of a war of extermination. My main character is a villain who didn't live long enough to see himself become the hero: his failed redemption started late and ran out of room. But his enemies were worse, and they won.

4. cosmic lights

cosmic lights Senior Member

"She did say she was ill."
    "I know, but who's the world going to revolve around now?"

5. DarkPen14

DarkPen14 Senior Member

In heaven:
    "God-dammit, Michael! Now we gotta find another one!"

In Hell:
    "Dammit, Jessie! Where am I gonna find another misincarnated salamander?"

6. jannert

jannert Who? Whooo? Staff Supporter Contributor

The world wouldn't notice. But the people who loved him would be devastated.