If your main character had to rescue you...

Discussion in 'Word games' started by hirundine, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Seraph751

Seraph751 If I fell down the rabbit hole... Contributor

Barnacle: A Study of Happiness
    Hmm... Nope, for this stubborn one I need the rocky times to grow. Yep I am like a catus I thrive and grow in the face of adversity.:supertongue:

Cave Troll and minstrel like this.
  2. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

It depends.

Jade, Cara and Isabel wouldn't stand a chance. They're normal teenagers from the 21st century, so they're not exactly badasses.

Kathryn…she's probably got this. Her powers aren't great for non-lethal damage, but she can hold off whatever's making me need rescue, and then she'll just rocket us away from them.

Sapphire can rescue me without a problem--if she wants to. She probably doesn't want to.

Dreamer96 likes this.
  3. Dreamsage

Dreamsage Member

Saved - as long as the enemy isn't too cunning. Don't misunderstand me, my hero is smart, but he can be a little too confident at times.
    Ah, also if the enemy doesn't have a bazooka. My hero wields a sword, so artillery could be a bit of a problem.

Andrew Alvarez and Cave Troll like this.
  4. Jenissej

Jenissej Professional Lurker Supporter Contributor

Depends on a lot of things.
    Does my character know me beforehand?
    Kaz isn't very good at friendships or doing altruistic things but when he actually likes someone, he tends to cling to them like some kind of symbiotic organism. In that case, I'd stand a decent chance.

If he doesn't know me (or dislikes me), there'd be the question: Is someone paying him well enough to do it? Or forcing him on pain of his own death?
    If no, I'm screwed. If yes, I'm good.
    Except if its aliens, then he'd probably think the gods themselves have stepped down from their ethereal seats and run like hell.

Shenanigator likes this.
  5. Shenanigator

Shenanigator Has the Vocabulary of a Well-Educated Sailor. Contributor

Doing this one for the MC for my next book. Tori Paladin is a rock star.

If Aliens: Probably screwed. ETA: Unless they can be calmed and distracted by her singing to them.

Pirates: Saved! She'd save me by distracting them by partying with them and I'd escape after they were all drunk on rum and she was sleeping with the pirate captain.

Zombies: 50/50. Can zombies get stoned?

Supervillian: Saved! She'd simply apply everything she's learned from working in the music industry since she was a young teenager.

Cave Troll and Andrew Alvarez like this.
  6. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Hmm. Zombies is the most interesting question, since Mike Schmidt can talk to dead people. The thing is, are the souls of the zombies still hanging around, or are the corpses just animated by some other function. If the souls are still there, he'd have a decent chance, although that really depends on what motivates the zombies. He's a fast talker, but if Zed is something like an addict being kept from his fix, I don't know how long Mike would be able to keep his brain in his skull.

Pirates? Might could con his way out, unless there are any souls of departed comrades he could negotiate with. The thing is, he doesn't have any power over the spirits, it's just that he can communicate with them. Imagine you meet someone who has an angry friend with them who speaks only...Flemish (or something that you don't speak, this group is shockingly multi-lingual for an English-based forum). Just because you find someone who can translate doesn't guarantee a successful outcome. Ditto for the supervillain problem, most of the ghosts hanging around him are probably of victims.

Aliens? Mike and his imp sidekick Asmodeus are going to be so far out of their depths that Asmo will probably fuck off to Hell where it's safe. They're both familiar with things that would make your hair turn white overnight, but neither of them are very brave.

Shenanigator and Andrew Alvarez like this.
  7. Andrew Alvarez

Andrew Alvarez Senior Member

Probably saved, if Anton faced only pirates or a supervillain. He could convince them to overthrow their captain with a mutiny, and to tell most of the surviving about his angst and screwed life, so they would release me in complete depression. After some particular sacrifices by his part, he would manage to blackmail the supervillian in exchange of releasing me.

In the case of zombies and aliens, I would be screwed, because he's a pussy. Probably he would O.D. himself before even attempting to deal with any of those.

8. O.M. Hillside

O.M. Hillside Senior Member

Well pretty much all of them die, so I think they'd have some clawing to do if they wanted to save me. One of them is alive, but he's too old to negotiate my release. Oh there's also one other that's alive but he's pretty busy in California pursuing a dream.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    John-Wayne likes this.
  9. ThunderAngel

ThunderAngel Contributor Contributor

My MC would be intelligent and determined enough to formulate a rescue plan, but because his body can't absorb the androgens it produces, he would be physically incapable of rescuing me if he were required to fight his way in or out. Since he's a night changer, however, he could certainly overcome physical resistance when darkness falls, but then he'd be as much a danger to me as he is to my kidnappers, so I'd be screwed either way.

Andrew Alvarez likes this.
  10. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Yeah. In his present, my MC is singularly obsessed with rescuing what's left of humanity. His guardians Alpha, Theta, and Jeep kick serious ass, and even Rexxy can probably recycle the aliens mess, so tune in next week, sportsfans! If I ever get my shit together, we can read about it.

11. OB1

OB1 Active Member

Depends on where we are in my MC's development. My book, starts with the trope that he has no idea what he is capable of n'or is potential power he possess. He then develops his power and eventually sent to a place where he can harness and train these skills effectively. If we are at the early part of the development, I'd be screwed as the antagonist in my story is a sort of antigodlike figure. If he's at the latter part of his development I will be most likely saved provided that my antagonist will keep me prisoner and not kill me on site.

12. WaffleWhale

WaffleWhale Active Member

If I was captured by their enemies, they would try. If not, they probably wouldn't notice.

Cave Troll and Simpson17866 like this.
  13. Dreamer96

Dreamer96 Member

Mine would be totally clueless! :D

LoaDyron, Cave Troll and Some Guy like this.
  14. LittleTwistedMe

LittleTwistedMe Member

If my main character had to rescue me...

I'd be dead. He probably would have killed me and not even remember it until later. Or blamed it on some paranormal group of demons. Yup. Dead midget. (I can say that because I am one. So there.)

LoaDyron and Cave Troll like this.
  15. John-Wayne

John-Wayne Madman Extradinor Contributor

Despite what I have done, she would still most likely rescue me, it's in her nature. :) .

You know those people who rush into a burning building to safe lives, who runs towards danger. That's my Kristol. :)

ETA: and don't think her Royal Status is going to get in her way of being a humanbein. :p

Cave Troll likes this.
  16. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Probably on Graxis would, since he seems to be damn good at
    going a getting people that need to be rescued. Also, he just got
    laid, so might improve my odds since he has more of a reason to
    succeed. :p

Marckus is still locked up and can't do diddly.

And Cor, well she is earning her Save Your Battle Buddies badge
    at the moment, so it is on the fence.

John-Wayne and LittleTwistedMe like this.
  17. LittleTwistedMe

LittleTwistedMe Member

Hah! I can see it now... "Hang on! Don't do anything yet I need to check to see if my main character got laid..." A little while later, "yup! Dude you are so dead!"

Some Guy, Cave Troll and John-Wayne like this.
  18. Cave Troll

Give the guy a break. He kept a promise to bring back a little girl that his partner
    has taken to in a motherly way, and he took a sniper round to the guts. So a good
    shagging seems worth the effort. :)

Some Guy and Shenanigator like this.
  19. LittleTwistedMe

LittleTwistedMe Member

Okay, okay... He does sound like a good guy. Still, I hope the lay was worth it. :D

Cave Troll likes this.
  20. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Koa is currently as tough as a boiled wheat noodle, so story wise, anyone needing rescuing help from him would be screwed.

CoyoteKing likes this.
  21. Cave Troll

Out of the three MCs, he is. Yes the coitus was worth it,
    it was his reward for keeping his promise. :D

22. LittleTwistedMe

LittleTwistedMe Member

Well good, I'm glad he enjoyed his cookie.

Cave Troll likes this.
  23. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

If he was specifically instructed by his boss to rescue me, he could do it easily and efficiently. He doesn't typically do rescue missions, however, and he would have to be paid a little bonus, but he would likely pull it off. His superiors in his company would only do this, however, if they wanted me for something like an experiment that would either kill me or mutilate me in ways that would cripple me for life.

But most likely his mission would be to kill whatever was holding me captive then kill any witnesses (that means me.)

24. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

If it was Zavra no doubt I'd be saved she moves so fast she dissapears from sight. Saved then fucked then drained so in the end maybe not saved at all.

Angelique my beautiful ballerina it's 50/50 whether she saves me or sucks me. That's the problem being saved by vampires. Everything eventually turns sexy then thisngs get bloody. If she wasn't insane and offering me the stars from the sky as jewelry I'd be fine.

Trixie the vampire hunting cheerleader. Completely insane, on the same level of madness as Angelique. Competed in the Olympics as a gymnast medalling in gold. Seven brothers and a father in the army he made Trixie master a martial art. Haven't picked it out yet, I'm thinking thinking the knife fighting skill from the korean movie the man with no name. Or is it the man from nowhere? Awesome knife fighting in that movie. She's also a master of tornament shooting. Trixie is a Swiss army knife of crazy and skills.

Zavra: saved, fucked, then sucked.
    Angelique: 50/50 Saved or sucked.
    Trixie: Saved

Cave Troll likes this.
  25. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Saved, though it would be a clumsy save. The kind where it's more like, "Okay, you're here now, thanks, maybe two will be better than one as regards getting out of here, but this is going to be more like a joint effort rather than a str8-up rescue".

Later he would feel bad/confused that it hadn't been a textbook Hollywood save, and I would would feel bad that he felt bad. Nothing a little sex couldn't fix, though. ;)