1. HolyMistahLlama

HolyMistahLlama New Member

The Sandwich

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by HolyMistahLlama, Aug 6, 2009.

I have the beginning...and I have a good idea of the end of my story...but what I include in between is making me lost. My plot is about one of 14 beings, a super race of sorts. The history of them is revealed in the story, as well with why there can only be 14 and why only certain people are born as them, but other then that I have found nothing to include in between..the actual PLOT of the story where we follow the main character as he is growing up. Does anyone have any advice on what exactly I could do to advance not only the plot but my characters? I will say more about the story of more is needed.

2. arron89

arron89 Banned

If you have the beginning and the end, then the rest is easy, just join the dots. Come up with one main obstacle stopping X going from A to B, and work up from there. But beyond that, what you're asking is someone to write the story for you. Coming up with what happens is what the writer does. But its not as hard as you make it seem. Just throw around a "what-if" question until you have something that you can make a story out of.

3. HolyMistahLlama

HolyMistahLlama New Member

Makes sense..first post of the forums and already look like an idiot. >.< Thank you!

4. Marcelo

Marcelo Member

Don't be so hard on yourself. Most people do that on their first post here. :D

5. Aidura

Aidura New Member

You could try this simple technique I usually attack myself with every time I get an idea.

Keep asking yourself 'WHY?!'

Continue asking yourself 'why' after every answer. For example:

1) One race completely wiped out seven other races.

Why?

2) They got jealous of how tasty those seven races smelled.

Why?

3) They pricked their thumbs and realised that their blood doesn't smell that good.

Like that xD