?

First Impression?

1. Wow, what a guy! (Positive)

2. Wow... What? Ag! U? y... (maybe not so positive)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cogito ergo sum scribere

Cogito ergo sum scribere New Member

I'm here.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cogito ergo sum scribere, Mar 17, 2021.

Hello,

Do you ever wonder how many other introductions began with a bout of writer's block trying to find the right first words? How many thousands of times did the cursor flash in the text box before they clicked Create Thread.

I'm an eccentric with a lot of thoughts, but they seem to always be dancing just out of reach. The few I catch take root, become obsessions, and grow eternally outward rather than upward.

TL;DR: Have words. Will ramble.

I promise I'm not pompous. I'm honestly just odd.

I'm 32, majored in Theatre & Drama as well as Telecommunications with a focus in Media and Society, and haven't used it since.

Creativity in and as my life has always been the goal.

My most tangible creation is a story I envision and intend to pitch as a television series. It's been gestating over the past two years, and in recent months I've been starting the work of converting my mess of notes into the coherent pilot story.

Beyond that. I see no limit. I can't imagine doing anything else with my life.

In my free time I like to spend 40 hours a week providing quality assurance for Medicare prescription drug coverage. They pay me, somewhat.

I'm trying to establish a better environment with like minded people that pushes me to do what I love. Teaching myself Scrivener over the next few weeks, and then I hope to be creating. P.S. I don't have an Only Fans, but I wouldn't say no to a benefactor that thinks my talents are better spent writing than listening.

Seven Crowns, B.E. Nugent and Xoic like this.
  2. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer Contest Winner 2023

What fun! It will be fascinating to see how the TV program idea develops. Are you aware of the Progress Journal forum under Applied Writing?

However, I'm scratching my head wondering why you've struck-over the bit about the environment here and teaching yourself Scrivener. :superthink:Guess what? You can find that here.

Welcome to the party! :write:

3. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Hey Cog, nice to meet you. You kinda remind me of me. I'll bet you remind a lot of people of themselves around here in fact. Nice to have another new loony in the bin to hang out with. :supergrin:

4. B.E. Nugent

B.E. Nugent Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

Sorry Cogito. There's no place for oddness in this Forum. It's for aspiring writers for Chrissake. A more normal collection you will never find. Some of us even have Certificates to prove it!

Looking forward to seeing your work. Pomposity may even be tolerated if it's clever and well-written.

Xoic likes this.
  5. Cogito ergo sum scribere

Cogito ergo sum scribere New Member

I'm not, but I will certainly check it out when I have the opportunity to peruse the forums a bit. The strike was to differentiate my long winded babble from the actual purpose. :superwink:

Perfect, my hope is the loony bin is a little more social than my head!

Luckily, I'm good at pretending to be both normal and clever.

Thank you all for the warm response!

Xoic and B.E. Nugent like this.