Tags:
  1. Ice Nov

Ice Nov New Member

I'm Ice Nov. 'Coz Novice was taken

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ice Nov, Oct 8, 2017.

Hi guys, I consider myself a complete novice even though I've been trying to write for, I don't know, maybe 10 years.
    I've written several short stories which all sucked. I've given up on two novels because I decided the ideas were silly and completely unoriginal. Now, finally, I have a good idea. I've already done a ton of research, I still need to do another few tons.

I've joined the forum to get help and advice on my biggest weakness, dialogue. It's what I dislike most about my writing and is the reason I've never shown my writing to anyone.

My biggest inspiration I have to say is GRR Martin. Not because I think a song of ice and fire is amazingly written or that he's the best writer ever or anything like that. But he has taught me that you can pilfer ideas mercilessly from history. Which, is quite helpful with me being a massive history nerd. For these reasons I'm concentrating on historical fiction.

2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    GIR Waving.gif
    Good Luck and Have fun. :supersmile:
    Are we all not novices, until we
    catch a big break?