1. IOI643189

IOI643189 New Member

Just Another fanboy flaunting his wares...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by IOI643189, Nov 8, 2015.

hi guys, just testing the water.
    anyone read Ernest Clines ready player One? or Armada?

me- 45 fanboy of RPO (ready player one) looking for a couple of faces to have a look at my Armada/Ready player One crossover story.

27 years after earth is spared by the Invading Sodality Drone fleet, the EDA (Earth Defence Alliance) embark on a merger with IOI (Innovative online industries) . Thus follows the entire Sixer department of IOI to be sacked for failing to secure James Halliday's estate.
    Follow Harriet Tuttle, IOIs top scorer, as she flees the IOI HQ and heads west back to Beaverton with her trusty sidekick Crazy Horzes, and embarks on an epic soap operatic nostalgic space mission.

anyone interested?

2. IOI643189

IOI643189 New Member

...or even just stop by and say hi.

3. ReproveTheCurlew

ReproveTheCurlew Active Member

Hi there, and welcome to the forum!

I'm new here myself; it is good to see other new faces.

Unfortunately I haven't read RPO. Having read the synopsis, I'm not quite sure it would be my cup of tea. Nevertheless, I wish you best of luck in your endeavor to find someone willing to write a joint fanfiction with you.

Any chance you could tell us a bit about yourself? What draws you to writing? Do you have any other interests? What do you enjoy reading other than contemporary dystopian novels?

All the best
    Reprove

IOI643189 likes this.
  4. IOI643189

IOI643189 New Member

Sure reprove,

I read Stephen king, but listen to most of my books on audio while driving through WA ( australia)
    First real incling to write was after reading 'Dark Tower' it just made me want to curse the first time i finished the journey . It was a big WTF moment in my life. I spent a whole year reading that opus, only to find....well only to find the end. Spoiler.

So i picked up my pad and began writing my own ending, which ended up 100,000 words down the line- no further forward.

My first fan boy fiction.

Since then i have reread the journey, and fallen for the story completely.

Recently, 'one flew over the cuckoos nest' had me choked, loved it.

The Ernest Cline stories, just a bit of nostalgic fun, but again, i wanted the story to continue- so i pulled out the pad once more...and now have 40,000 words that actually read pretty damn good.

5. IOI643189

IOI643189 New Member

I write short stories, even had one published just last month, a rather brilliant effort i might add :)

Horror, comedy, sci fi - sweary, scottish stuff modelled on irvine welsh.

I blog, and store my stuff in forgotten folders everywhere, along with my penned notes on every piece of scrap paper i find.

You?

6. ReproveTheCurlew

ReproveTheCurlew Active Member

Much like you, I read quite widely, partly due to the fact that I have to for Uni :D But other than novels, I also really enjoy reading poetry.

In terms of writing, I also write both prose and poetry, although I haven't written much of the former. Several fairy tales for my niece and nephew, a bit of other rubbish here and there... but I wouldn't consider myself a good writer yet.
    In terms of poetry, I used to be focused on traditional meters and forms, but recently I have started moving on towards free verse or experimental meters. I'm not sure whether you care for poetry though, so I won't go into much more detail.

Congratulations on being published, that is always a great step forward! I haven't even tried yet, I'm rather protective about my writing :D