1. Bookster

Bookster Banned

Howdy do

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bookster, Aug 27, 2015.

I joined yesterday, and am impressed by the members here and by the opportunities for discussion. This forum seems to be among the most active writing forums on the Web.

As yet unpublished, I write genre short fiction, mostly Flash Fiction.

My main reason for signing up was so I can participate in the workshops. It seems to me that an ability to critique other authors' work would be a handy skill for a writer, though I have no idea how it's done yet.

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Bookster, and welcome to WF!

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. You can also find tips for critiques there. It's not that hard, but it definitely will help you to improve. At least I've found it really quite useful as it also forces me to look at my own writing more critically.

See you around. :)

-Kat

3. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Welcome!

I've offered a few critiques and I don't know how helpful they were to the authors but they've really helped me. I've edited some of my chapters whilst pretending they were posted by someone else on here and it REALLY helped me edit more effectively.