1. Aj11

Aj11 New Member

Sci-Fi Dystopian Book Title help

Discussion in 'Science Fiction' started by Aj11, Jul 24, 2019.

Hey Gang, I'm trying to name my book series (hardest part of writing...) and am looking for suggestions. I think I am going to stick with having the word Marked in the title as that's a descriptor within the book...so looking for suggestions that would fit ______Marked. Below are some of the examples I've come up with, but any suggestions would be great. Its a 4 book series so I'd use the same format for all 4 books assuming I can come up with enough I like lol.

Genre: YA Sci-Fi Dystopian (Grounded Si-Fi...think Divergent or Hunger Games type...but not the same lol)

What I have so far:
    Birthmarked
    Bornmarked
    Nightmarked
    Deathmarked
    Fatemarked
    Evermarked
    Furymarked
    Hopemarked

Also if you really like any of the above OR dislike one, please let me know :)

2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Might help if we knew what it was about.

3. Aj11

Aj11 New Member

Touche! Here is my working "blurb"

Sienna has spent her life in the DEZ, a glorified orphanage for the unwanted Marked Kids. For over a year shes been sneaking out on weekends to the Underground, a cage-fighting arena where she's become their champion—Blaze. Her goal is simple, earn enough money for her and best friend Vic to survive in the outside world when they graduate in a few months. When an explosion rocks the city of Cytos, the Marked kids find themselves in the midst of a brewing war. Unbeknownst to Sienna, Jayla and the Watchers learn that the Marked kids are being used as weapons, and being trained to fight an enemy they don't yet know. With things changing inside the DEZ, and in need of funds, Sienna risks everything on one last fight, and with time running out, failure is not an option. Her opponent isn’t just another fighter, she’s a Watcher, an elite assassin sworn to protect the citizens of Cytos…and the former champion of the Underground—the Wraith. Now, with her and Vic’s safety on the line and the mystery of what really happens to the Marked kids when they leave the DEZ, Sienna will have to rely on the very person who stepped in her way of being victorious—Jayla, the Wraith—or she may lose her best friend forever.

4. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Yeah, how are they marked? Tattoo, branding, something else?
    Cause otherwise they would have to keep drawing the 'mark' on them
    with a sharpie. :p

5. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Evermarked rang best in my ear, or maybe even Evermark, but people put too much importance on a title.

Also, if you get too fixated on the '... marked' aspect, you're heading for frustration. Just brainstorm any vaguely relative title until you hear one you like the sound of.

Aj11 and Cave Troll like this.
  6. Aj11

Aj11 New Member

LOL its 2 lines on their wrists, like a tattoo. When they "misbehave" or get in through the get more...so some have multiple marks but at min, 2.

7. Aj11

Aj11 New Member

I had a title but it wasn't what the publisher wanted, so we're both trying to find something that fits...I am PROBABLY overthinking it, not gonna lie LOL, which is why I thought I'd just ask, but could end up as something entirely different!

8. Hammer

Hammer Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

"skid-marked" would resonate with a UK audience

OurJud and Cave Troll like this.
  9. Aj11

Aj11 New Member

:superlaugh: um....here in Canada we also get that reference...but maybe not the best fit lol

Hammer likes this.