Tags:
  1. KiraAnn

KiraAnn Senior Member

Solar Guard Reboot

Discussion in 'Science Fiction' started by KiraAnn, May 20, 2019.

Sort of a reboot.

For those younger folks, Tom Corbett, Space Cadet was a riff in Heinlein’s Space Cadet. Started as a tv show in 1950, then 8 books by a ghost writer starting in 1953, later several different comic books. Definitely intended for the juvenile market.

I always liked the basics of the setting - a pseudo-UN space militia/police organization with most adventures taking place in the solar system although a few were in other systems. The original tv show and books were very childish, misogynistic, and terribly out dated.

I would like to reboot the organization, though not through the “space academy”, but with tales of the grunts enforcing the law and such.

Question for the forum: should I or just create my own organization?

2. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

You should create your own, take the bit you liked from the one you referred to and then add your own added value to it. Is there only human in it? Are they paired with aliens, robots, pets? Pets aliens or earth like (and talking)?

3. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

just create your own - although you could riff off 'the patrol' in the heinlien book... just call the homage out in the back matter