Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

The Life Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Night Haunter, Jul 30, 2007.

Some of us have problems in life that we may want to share Id like to think if you do maybe you can share them with each other in here.

For example Job interviews advice
    Exam advice
    Home issues advice

Or you may wish to just plainly talk about your problems. If your having a very bad time and need to talk with sympathetic ears (eyes).

In a nut shell your every day to day life issues. its a little like Hulls Ravens Lads and girls thread only covers life in general on the whole.

maybe your anxious about something or you simply want to talk and have someone listen have issues at home that are joyous or painful and you need serious advice

Since this thread will be of that nature I will delete any flame posts I will delete and insulting posts foul language of insulting behaviour and will issue warnings.

Please keep this thread clean.
    I guess it’s like an agony aunt thread only were we all chip in.

2. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

well, all u have to worry about is me talking about it, im depressed, that is all. my shrink is absolutely no help to me, and i am not one to worry about myself. cant help but worry about others. im extroverted and care too much ppl say, but its just me. live in a household where ur father beats u everday for 8 years and it mchanges u. good news is im with my mom and safer i guess, but i still cant help but not care about myself, i mean, despite wut everyone tells me i believe im worthless and a piece of s*@t. all i need is just some way to just sleep and to b able to talk to my friends who care. doctors r robots who just study u like a lab rat, they dont truly care. sry for causing any worry

3. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Im sorry this is how you feel.

Have you spoken with your mother of how you feel? Or even some friends a friend?

4. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

i dont talk to my mom about it, because of my father and most of that side of the family i dont trust my family at all, and yes i talk to my friends about it usually, though they r probably asleep or busy at the moment. i would try sleeping but i cant sleep so ill wait for them

5. Budhabee

Budhabee New Member

Gosh Pyrox, I hope you will take some of Night Haunter's caring advise. What about dreaming. Can you dream when you do get to sleep. I know for me I had to talk to my doctor about some same things. He put me on some non depression pills. I sure would take Night Haunter's words to heart. It seems as though you should really think about it. Sure hope you can cheer yourself up soon...like you cheer others. Sorry about the mean past you have had to go through.

Mucho Blessings
    Budhabee

6. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

i dream sometimes when i sleep, but i never remember them afterwards

7. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

One things for sure Pyrox. You need to take care of yourself and get help. Or you will fall into a pit of self pity.

8. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

well, honestly, i can tell u that i will never feel self pity. i cant even let others feel sry for me, self pity does no good anyways

9. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Maybe not be from time to time we all need compassion. I'm no Doctor but its not hard to see your in some kind of pain and your in a dark place. You certainly need to find away out of that. And you need to tell your Mom and seriously talk with a counsellor.

10. Panther

Panther Banned

From the way your beginning to sound and the things your coming out with it sounds like your dad is a Paedophile mate. You need to call the police that kind of **** is just wrong. Also tell your mom unless she's part of it.

Paedophilia is just cruel and disgusting and wrong. And you need to get out while you can maybe run away to friends and get the law involved also you need to get yourself checked out medically.

11. The Reaper

The Reaper Banned

Well whatever the situation I have to say take Night haunters advice. You certainly cannot let yourself be beaten daily or regularly. And if you are been abused you really should go and get yourself some serious help. Anyone who does that is Ill themselves and deserves jail time. (And that’s the polite answer)

Pyrox if you have these things going on you must seek help from someone professional to deal with this sort of thing.

12. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

my father was just a sadistic s.o.a.b. and enjoyed our pain, and the courts r involved and u know wut, he isnt gonna pay for any of it, the damned courts r letting him get away with it all. but hey, thats how stupid the courts work. and idk if this will calm u all down, but yesterday at 1:12am, was the two year anniversairy of my attempted suicide. the reason i celebrate it is because i lived, which is great.

13. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Im not sure how to respond to that Pyrox.

Please get some medical help. aye.

14. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

its a good thing, and honestly i do feel a bit better now

15. Baywriter

Baywriter Contributor Contributor

I can empathize, having had a sexually and physically abusive father myself. Even now, I still have thoughts about being worthless because going through something like that just makes you feel that way. You're always like, "Why didn't I stop it? What's wrong with me?" I agree with you about the doctor thing. That's why I don't go see a therapist. My belief is that you can never truly understand how someone feels just by reading a text book.

However, doctors can give you medicine that will help you, so I do advise that you see one. All I can say is that you're not alone. Even though it's not yourself you are concerned with, it should be. Take some time to take care of yourself. I know it may sound difficult, but it's what will really help. Give yourself time to heal. It may take years and years, but it will be worth it.

And maybe that's easy for me to say because I had some real closure. I literally got to tell my father that I was done being his toy and that I wanted to live my own life. Just keep fighting to feel better no matter what it takes (Unless it takes something harmful. Been down the suicidal and drug path myself. Don't go there.)

You said that it had been two years since your suicide attempt. I know I don't know you very well, but I'm proud that you haven't attempted it since then, and I'm very glad you lived. That is definitely something to celebrate.

All right now. I know I've been rambling. Final words: Get some medical attention, take care of yourself, and just keep fighting.

16. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

i don't see what the problem with doctors is people. i know they may seem like they don't listen and stuff, but i promise you, espeically if you go to see a pyschiatrist, they do listen, it is their job to listen. you just have to talk to them about whats going wrong in your life instead of expectnig you to guess. sometimes Prox, all you need is someone to talk to. if it is more serious than that then the doctor can give you the correct medicines and counceling to help you get through this. you need to seek medical help! honestly, it is the best thing for you, no-one can egt through things like this alone.
    Heather

17. JetBlack

JetBlack Banned

The only advice i can give to you all about life is to practice your knife-hand-chops religiously. Knife-hand-chops can be the difference between life and death in many situations.

18. Heather Louise

what exactly is a "knife-hand-chop"?

19. JetBlack

JetBlack Banned

A knife-hand-chop is a martial arts technique. You are able to put more p.s.i into a knife hand chop than a punch. Also, the side of the hand can be toughened up more than the knuckles, causing less durability damage further in life. Plus you look cool when you do it.

20. Heather Louise

how is that going to help any can i ask? your suggestion is what, go around hitting things in an attempt to releive your anger? i stick by the get medical help Prox, seriously.

21. JetBlack

JetBlack Banned

Heather, when you realize what a cruel and disgustingly corrupt world we live in you will realize why it is valuable to at least know 1 technique for self defense, as i said, it can be the difference between life or death.

22. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

If someone is frightened they will be too afraid to use Violence. Not all the population are hard core fighters.

23. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Actually, the principal benefit of martial arts training isn't the fighting skills. It's the self confidence you gain; also, improved coordination, and the awareness of your surroundings that helps you avoid situations in the first place.

I have almost never needed to use a martial arts technique against anyone, and the times I have, it has been holds, not strikes. But I have defused a few situations with a word or even a look.

Of course, being 6"4" tall doesn't hurt...

24. Heather Louise

fighting back pysically is not something i would recomend. in my opinion, the best way to over come something is to work through it and be better than it. i don't think that by stooping to the same levels as the "bully" in the first place you are going to do any good, all you have done is provoke the sistuation. my advice, like i have said, would be to seek proffesional help, rather than attempting to solve things yourself and making things worse.
    Heather

25. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Heather i couldn't have said that better if i tried ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.