In the Forgotten Keep

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Leaka, Apr 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Nikhil

Nikhil New Member

"Ok! Let's get out of here," said Marcus and he added to Terrence, "You are one of the most bravest or the most bravest here, Terrence."

2. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

Just as the conversation was about to get heated once more, a fog fell over them. Shadows danced in the shadows, whispering to their group. Azul drew a blade of fire, Kaethe a throw of water. Then Enigma dispersed the fog, and the shadows were finally visible.

Terrance shouted, gaining the shadows’ attention. Jules smirked, that is, until, the shadows drew his blood. She’d just run over this boy with her jeep, and he’d gotten up without a scratch. Perhaps ‘without a scratch’ is the wrong phrase. The hideous form beneath the cloak had no flesh to scratch, Terrance had been simply unhurt by the jeep. However, these shadows drew blood. Frightened now of the enemy, Jules took a step back, thinking of just taking the jeep and running.

Britney watched as Terrance drew the attackers. She wasn’t the greatest fighter, but she would do everything in her power to make sure her new group escaped the enemy. Concentrating, she found the roots, pulled trees from the ground, then opened her eyes to see… absolutely nothing. Apparently, it misfired.

Just behind her, she missed the sight of a would-be attacker impaled by hard wood rising from the ground. Though it disappeared, possibly unharmed, it avoided attacking her again. Then, almost as fast as they’d appeared, the shadows left.

"Looks like they are leaving for now...we should head out before they come back with more," Roger said.

Why did they leave? thought Britney, her smile returning. Oh, well, that’s good anyway!

"I know the path without Enigma these days," Roger said, "We'll be going to Heaven's Pass where the moon and sun had collided at that the horizon and together they have evolved with one side moon one side sun."

Cryptic much? thought Jules, her cowardice behind her cloak of ‘tough girl’ indifference once more.

3. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Roger began to walk, but sighed at this moment in time.
    "I wish we still had that van," mumbled Roger under his breathe.
    Roger fixed his position on holding Enigma and began to walk to the destination that was about to unfold.

4. Anir

Anir New Member

In a place where the forces of space and time have
    Azul sighed and extinguished her sword, sheathing it in one fluid motion. The shadow creatures had left, leaving behind fear. She touched her cheek, feeling the cut that one had left there. It had begun to coagulate, but she still felt the sting.

The one called Enigma had definitely helped by causing that explosion, and everyone else's efforts had contributed. But she knew that if they faced enemies like this again, they might not survive.

Terrance was bleeding. She had caught a glimpse of his body and knew that blood coming from him should be happening. Looking at Roger, she asked, "Is he going to be okay?"

5. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

"Looks like they are leaving for now...we should head out before they come back with more," Roger said.

Kaethe watched in astonishment as the creatures suddenly began retreating. When they were completely out of sight, she allowed her hand to fall limply to her side, water spilling out of it and onto the ground. She felt something trickling down her leg and looked to see a thin ribbon of blood dripping from a long scratch. She hobbled forward a few steps, wincing in pain. Still, it was manageable.

"I know the path without Enigma these days," Roger said, "We'll be going to Heaven's Pass where the moon and sun had collided at that the horizon and together they have evolved with one side moon one side sun."

Turning to Roger she noticed Grim, and after a moment's of shock, recognized the blackened substance pouring from his cheek as blood. She limped over to him.

"Hey, you ok?"

6. Nikhil

Nikhil New Member

"Is he going to be okay?"

"Hey, you OK?"

"He seems right, a little of rest needed maybe," spoke Marcus.

"Can't we go faster? We must reach Heaven's Pass as soon as we can?" he asked the others.

"I have an idea. Britney can you have your plants help us get faster. And Jules if you can put a little bit of ice on our way we may skid over it and I can get the wind take us a little power. And meanwhile can the others rest well because it is possible we can get exhausted using our energy. What do you all say?" asked Marcus from beneath his cloak.

7. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

Terrance nodded at Marcus' comment with a smile.

He looked over to the direction they were taking, "how could such demons do those things?"

He pondered over the question, he thought he heard someone, but dismissed it. It wasn't until the second question that he looked up, people were wondering if he would be alright. He nodded again,

"I'm fine, just a little scratch is all, I'll need to be more careful though, now that I know what these things are capable of."

"I have an idea. Britney can you have your plants help us get faster. And Jules if you can put a little bit of ice on our way we may skid over it and I can get the wind take us a little power. And meanwhile can the others rest well because it is possible we can get exhausted using our energy. What do you all say?" asked Marcus from beneath his cloak.

"Its a good idea, or," he looked over to Jules, "we use your Jeep, seems about the best way to go."

8. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

"A pile of 300 hundred year spirits," said a low moan.
    A thick miasma of fog covered the graveyard suddenly.
    "Oh the ghost is going to taste delicious....I haven't eaten in nearly 1,000 years," said another voice from the shadows this one with a slight hint of insanity in his voice.
    "The humans we can save for later after they die we can capture their souls," said a deeper voice.
    They began to hear deep breathing. And they could feel they were surrounded.
    "Eh hehhe....you're going to die here and no more heroes no more time...ehehehehe," shrieked another.
    Suddenly through the thick fog all they could see were dark shadows coming close to them. Like shadow men with shadow weapons. They were surrounded in a dangerous situation.

While the others were introducing themselves, something had come out from the shadows and surrounded them. And they weren't friendly. After years and years on the battlefield Aves could sense a creatures murderous intent, and these things were overflowing with it. Grim made the first move, summoning some zombies, and Azul attacked soon after. But there were many of these shadow beasts, and it seemed that even old Aves needed to help. So Aves pulled out his crowning achievement.

Aves flipped open a hidden hatch on his wheel chair where a button laid inside. Upon hitting the button his wheel chair whirred with the sound of gears and all sorts of mechanized technology. And it began to move. The wheel chair began to change and mold around Aves's body, slowly encompassing him. When the motion stopped a bird like Drive stood where Aves once was.

"Ahh. It's good to be able to walk again," Aves said as he rushed forward in his mech at the shadows. With the sharpened edge of his wing, Aves cut one of the shadows in half and in a single, fluid motion turned at unleashed a barrage of bullet fire from his mouth into another shadow. But there were too many shadows there to dodge all of their attacks. Two shadows managed to slice at his chest, leaving long cuts.

I'll make the group much smaller for you other wise you'll die

"Time to fly," Aves said as he jumped up and out of the way just as an explosion wiped out a number of the shadows. But Aves didn't fall back down from his jump, no, he remained in the air; flying. It felt wonderful to fly, truly wonderful. No limitations, just freedom. Plus, it's the perfect way to rain bullets down on the enemy, Aves thought as he flew over the shadows and shot a them from the gun in his mouth and the arrangement of small missiles and guns under his wings.

Soon the shadows retreated and Aves returned to the group. It seemed everyone had taken some damage from the attack. Even Grim. Was that even possible? Aves didn't know but it seemed so. Remaining in his Drive Aves asked, "Everyone okay?"

we use your Jeep, seems about the best way to go.

"Unless any of you would like to ride an ostrich anyways."

9. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

"Its a good idea, or," he looked over to Jules, "we use your Jeep, seems about the best way to go."

As long as I'm the one driving... Jules shrugged. "Why not."

"Yes, that's a great idea," said Britney, beaming at the thought of being able to help. She looked at Roger, Enigma in his arms. "Maybe you two can take the front seat." Then she scanned the others. "It'll be a bit of a squeeze, but..." Remembering how his wheelchair transformed during the fight, Britney wondered if Aves would be able to provide a few extra... well, 'wheels' for lack of a better term.

"Unless any of you would like to ride an ostrich anyways."

"Ride an ostrich?" asked Jules. "Is that some sort of wierd old man euphemism?"

10. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

"Euphemism? No no no. Literally an ostrich, I have a few that are good for riding back at my home."

11. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

"Why not."

"Excellent, I call the trunk!"

Terrance began to run when he remembered that he's been hit earlier and collapsed in the pain. He slowly got up,

"I'm ok," he groaned, "I'm just gonna walk then."

And so he did.

12. yellowm&M

"Excellent, I call the trunk!"

"Sounds like a plan. However if there is any possible way for me to put my leg up for a second that would be great." She winced ash she took another step, "I think I can help it temporarily, i just need to prop it up for a moment."

She started walking painfully towards the jeep again.

13. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

"I think I can help it temporarily, i just need to prop it up for a moment."

Britney saw Kaethe limping towards the jeep, and she walked quickly forward to meet her.

"Oh, what's wrong? What can I do to help it?" she said. She looked at Kaethe's leg, but wasn't sure how to go about it. "You know, Jules is really good at all this first aid stuff." Her smile never faded, just as her cousin's mouth wore a continuous scowl. "She'll roll her eyes and protest, but she actually really likes all that medical-type stuff."

14. yellowm&M

"Oh, what's wrong? What can I do to help it? You know, Jules is really good at all this first aid stuff." Her smile never faded, just as her cousin's mouth wore a continuous scowl. "She'll roll her eyes and protest, but she actually really likes all that medical-type stuff."

Kaethe smiled at Britney, then looked at Jules' scowling face, somehow she didn't think Jules really wanted to help her.

"Thanks, but it's ok. I've got it." Lying her leg across the seat of the jeep, she let a small trickle of water pour off her fingertips and onto the gash. However instead of slidding off of her leg it stayed there shifting and sparkling in the sun. The coolness of it felt wonderfully soothing and it would work perfectly for the trip to Heaven's Pass. "Alright, I think I'm set" she said, walking a couple tentative steps, its still stung and the water bandage was fragile but a few steps were fine, "let's go."

15. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

Terrance managed to get himself over to the Jeep, he knew that if he did sustain an injury it would heal quickly, in about a day or so, but an injury like this, he just wasn't sure. Either way he'd have to deal with it.

It was a nice Jeep, that was for sure, he even got the personal close up tour of it when it ran him over. Unfortunately there was one thing he didn't notice. Once he opened the trunk suitcases and other things fell out and crushed him from the top.

He grunted under the strain of the suitcases, the pain was worse considering it was right over his wound.

"What the hell! Who needs to have this much crap!" He looked over to the side of the Jeep, "a little help please, someone!?"

16. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

Britney watched Keathe heal herself through her abilities. She admired the concentration and strength it took, wishing her abilities were so formed.

A sound from behind the jeep caught her ear, and Britney rounded the corner to see all of their suitcases piled messily on the ground, and from beneath a voice,

"What the hell! Who needs to have this much crap!" He looked over to the side of the Jeep, "a little help please, someone!?"

She tried to stifle her giggles, but that just made it harder to resist. Laughing openly, Britney moved a few of the cases until Grim could be seen underneathe, and, offering her hand, she said "Here, I'll help you up."

Jules, who had also heard the commotion, came to see. She groaned and kicked a bag out of the way, visibly searching for something. "Why did you even bring all this crap?" She found the small, black bag containing the only thing worthy of saving - her medical supplies. Not that she'd waste them on just anything. "If everyone's going to fit, even uncomfortably, you have to leave all this behind." Jules expected a little protest, so she readied her argument in her mind.

"It's okay," Britney answered. "They're just things." She bit her lip, going over what treasures her bags held. My studded pink jacket, perfect fitting skinny jeans, and that mini-skirt that makes my legs look amazing, oh, and all my toe socks! oh, but.... People are more important.

With nothing to argue, Jules simply rolled her eyes and left to get back to the front of the jeep.

17. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

Terrance heard laughing and he could only guess it was Britney, well it wasn't a big deal, he's a guy and sometimes a fool. After seeing the light (how ironic) a hand came for him,

"Here, I'll help you up."

He gladly accepted it, "thx, if the Jeep didn't kill me, that probably would of if you hadn't pulled me out in time."

Jules kicked one of the bags and picked up a black bag,

"Why did you even bring all this crap? If everyone's going to fit, even uncomfortably, you have to leave all this behind."

Terrance looked over to Britney, "It's okay," Britney answered. "They're just things."

"Thanks again, in case we manage to make it out of this, I might need a ride back and I don't need a part two to 'Terrance getting crushed by suitcases'."

18. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Rogue was wondering around. He had seemed to wonder into the pass where the moon and the sun collided together to create a Mun. Rogue knew he had gone to far with the last battle.
    His body and his spirit seemed to ache all together. The world was becoming dizzy and spun around. He lost conscious on the wasteland's ground.

The group loaded up in the Jeep and began to drive. It was of course a slight tight fit, but it all worked out. As they began to get into the canyons they saw the Mun in the sky and the odd clouds mixed with stars. They were impressed by the site and wonder of such a beauty.
    A place that would be loss once time came along. They would have continued, but there was something in the middle of the way. A body, lying in the middle of the road. Some figure in a leather coat with blond hair and a scarf. They stopped the jeep.

Heaven's Pass

Goals

-Camp out and eat around a fire
    -Reveal something personal
    -Get lost
    -Run out of gas
    -Enter a city

19. yellowm&M

The car hummed pleasantly along beneath them. It was crowded inside but not that bad. Everyone in the group seemed very nice; well except Jules. But she was the only one who had any issues. it was funny that Britney was her cousin owing to the fact that she was the epitome of bubbling joy and happiness. Smiling slightly, Kaethe leaned back in her seat, it felt wonderful nto to walk and the gash on her leg was already feeling much better. She soon began to absentmindedly watch teh scenery pass outside of the car window. Suddenly a shpe emerged on the road ahead of them; but Jules continued to careen towards it, seemingly unaware of the object in their path.

"Stop the car!!"

20. Nikhil

Nikhil New Member

Stop the car!!

"Well, what happened Kaethe?" asked Marcus.

He tried to edge a little to look what was ahead and to his shock a body lay there. And then Jules had stopped the jeep.

Marcus quickly jumped out the of jeep and looked at the body.

"It could be a trap for us. That person seems dead," thought Marcus.

"We'd better not go near it. Looks like a trap. A body in the middle of road. Incidents like these are very much rare," said Marcus.

"Maybe I'll take a look at what happens if I move it," saying so Marcus lifted his hands straight and brought them down and a wind blew. It moved the body for a few inches. Marcus waited for something to happen.

21. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

Their car ride had been pleasant, the trunk was quite comfortable, for some reason Terrance always enjoyed looking out behind a vehicle and not in front of it. His wounds were healing quite nicely, the blood seemed to recede back into his body, as there was less and less of it on him and the trunk's floor.

Stop the car!!

Jules stopped the car,

"Well, what happened Kaethe?" asked Marcus.

Terrance opened up the trunk, he felt a gust of wind and everyone stood around, just waiting for something to happen. He nodded his head in disaproval and started to walk towards the body, ignoring the complaints of it's a trap! Geez, people really need to lay off the star wars references, he thought.

He knelt next to the body and examined it, observing carefully the person was breathing right, he felt for a pulse, it was strong and steady. He nodded in a approval, he snapped his fingers to see the person would wake. Nothing. Sighing he hefted the person over his shoulder and started walking back towards the Jeep.

"Our John Doe's fine, probably collapsed from exhaustion, who knows how long the poor guy's been walking for."

22. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

Jules' sight was immensely better under the Mun, but she still wore the sunglasses. She saw a figure in the road ahead, and squinted to see better.

"Stop the car!!"

The yell startled Jules, and she stomped on the brakes. Everyone flung forward, then whipped back as the tires came to an abrupt halt. But no one complained, not that she could hear anyway.

A body in the middle of road. Incidents like these are very much rare," said Marcus.

Though she would normally have agreed, right now Jules could not. She'd already run over one person this day. In her mind, she'd already planned to manuver around him - why add to the number of people she ran over with her jeep? It would just mess up the jeep. But before she could put it back into gear, Grim hopped out of the trunk, Britney not far behind him.

Britney stood over the kneeling Terrance, hands on her knees, watching him take the stranger's pulse. "Is he alive?" she asked.

"Our John Doe's fine, probably collapsed from exhaustion, who knows how long the poor guy's been walking for."

Britney trailed back to the jeep, "Where should we put him?"

Jules wiped the dust from the gages in front of her. They were seriously low on fuel, but she wasn't going to announce it. Perhaps she could... A huge yawn took over her thoughts, and she finally felt the day's toll. How long have I been driving? she wondered.

Stepping out of the driver's seat, she stretched and looked up at the astonishing sky.

23. Nikhil

Nikhil New Member

"No trap," thought Marcus.

"Where should we put him?" asked Britney.

"Well, I don't think there's much of a space in the jeep. But I am a little hungry. So shall we camp over here?" asked Marcus.

24. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

"Where should we put him?" asked Britney.

"Well, I don't think there's much of a space in the jeep. But I am a little hungry. So shall we camp over here?" asked Marcus.

"He can hang with me in the trunk, but we should probably have him wake up first before we take him anywhere. So all in all, I agree with Marcus here, let's make camp, I'll gather some firewood, Britney, care to help?"

25. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

"I'll gather some firewood, Britney, care to help?"

"Gather firewood?" she asked. She raised her head a little higher, a huge, though somewhat devious, grin on her face. "I can make firewood!"

Concentrating on the ground at her feet, she called up the trees from the ground. Closing her eyes to gather strength, Britney heaved her hands up, hoping for a dramatic appearance of various wood. Nothing. She slumped back down again, wondering why her powers never quite worked. She smiled sheepishly back up at Terrance and shrugged.

But then a pop, a hiss, and Jules' aggravated shout told Britney exactly where the wood had ended up. "Oops..."

The wood, logs ready for the fire, had appeared mostly on the other side of the jeep... mostly. One rather pointed piece had punctured the back tire.